Montgomerie New Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprisingly Colin Montgomerie is the new Captain of the European Ryder Cup team for 2010. I felt Sandy Lyle deserved the opportunity but i think his chance has now evaporated.

Last edited:
Not surprisingly Colin Montgomerie is the new Captain of the European Ryder Cup team for 2110. I felt Sandy Lyle deserved the opportunity but i think his chance has now evaporated.

Wow...what kind of supplements is Mrs. Doubtfire taking????2110???how old will that make him???:D

Sandy Lyle and Larry Nelson should meet for a few drinks and discuss how it feels to be pushed aside and crapped on

Didn't Lyle just walk off the course in this past year's Open Championship because he was double digits over par making the turn? What a complete joke that is. Completely unacceptable.

You really want a guy like that leading your squad?

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Understandable

Didn't Lyle just walk off the course in this past year's Open Championship because he was double digits over par making the turn? What a complete joke that is. Completely unacceptable.

You really want a guy like that leading your squad?

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

True, but in his defence, the guy now plays with glasses (spectacles) and it was pissing it down.

Don't get me wrong, I still think it was wrong what he did, but it is completely understandable to anyone who has tried playing golf in the rain with glasses on.

KJ Choi summed it up nicely when he described those weather conditions at last year's British Open.

As he walked onto the first green he said to his caddy, 'Best ever tough'

Funny thing is if Lyle had simple told a lie and said his back had seized up or any kind of injury no one would have mentioned it again. Tell the truth and he gets slated for it.

I can understand making fun of Sergio. :) He's a weak minded punk... LOL I hope that Wie has a comeback year so that I can stop making fun of her.

I was actually kidding. I sorta like him. Gotta respect the level to which he played in some of those Ryder Cups. Winged Foot on the other hand.....ouch

Axtually most people dislike him because historically he has been a moaner and winger.....but lets not forget how long he was Europe's No.1..........

Axtually most people dislike him because historically he has been a moaner and winger.....but lets not forget how long he was Europe's No.1..........

Ironically though very popular with tour pros on both sides of the atlantic, and is a nice guy to chat to once talked to him at the belfry during a practice round.

Status
Not open for further replies.