MORAD (Brian Manzella Audio Commentary)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian,
Do you think you can do an audio piece on MORAD and Mac. Maybe one on Ben Doyle also. I would find both very interesting.

Brian,

Did I get this right - after discovering the fatal flaw in TGM and coming up with MORe ADverticing, he never said the flaw was in the (swing)technical content of TGM?

Vaako

Perhaps O'Grady insinuated that TGM was "fatally flawed" because it was not easily comprehensible to the average golfer. You must admit that TGM is not the easiest read, and that adds "mystery" to it, particularily when the TGM instructors are themselves graded - bachelor, master and doctorate - to imply different levels of knowlegeability.

Perhaps somebody here can tell me why their are different levels of competence in TGM?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Mac's "Fatal Flaw" assumption was a MECHANICS problem. Mac LOVES complexity.

To be honest, there ought to be SEVERAL LEVELS of Golfing Machine ability.

One dealing with PURE Knowledge of the book, one with abilty to TEACH it.

Yes knowledge can be rather "static", whereas teaching must be very "dynamic"!

It has been over 20 years since TGM was revised. Prior to Kelley's untimely passing, he actively revised TGM as his knowledge grew. I would hazard to say that if Kelley were with us now, TGM would have been revised several times to take advantage of new technological information.

Do you know if TGM will be revised in any way to update it's content, because I would hate to see it go the way of Hogan's 5 Lessons? A scientific book such as TGM must be continuously revised to take advantage of new knowledge. I would think that all those instructors with masters and doctorate level qualifications could get together and help in updating TGM to include current scientific information on the golf swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.