More repeatable pattern-draw or fade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my grandpa swung right, my dad swings right and I swing right so I guess I got it honest but I envision myself hitting these high little baby fades. Mechanically do you guys think one is more repeatable than the other? I think the fade would be superior when talking about ball/turf contact and could almost avoid the occasional "heavy" iron shot because of the plane line. I don't know if this represents golfers on the whole but of the few of my friends with plus handicaps, they play the fade. I wonder what percentage of pro's play one versus the other.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I think the perception is the fade is more reliable but im not so sure. (agree on the occasional fat iron shot) Ever since Brian taught me to have the club constantly closing for fades and draws, i think its up to which pivot allows you to bottom the club out at the right spot better....NHA or NSA.

dbl

New
There would be several ways of achieving a fade as well as several ways of acheiving a draw. Trying to compare what is the most reliable fade to the most reliable draw for ME (not counting looks or result b/c a soft fade sure lands wonderfully) I would say a draw with a closed face and little swivel is most reliable. But this question would seem to vary by individual and how they have their hands currently programmed.

dbl

New
I don't know if this represents golfers on the whole but of the few of my friends with plus handicaps, they play the fade. I wonder what percentage of pro's play one versus the other.

This part of your post is different than your title..of what is more reliable.

What is it you really want to know : what shape is more reliable to produce OR what shape should players play with for scoring purposes?

Status
Not open for further replies.