Motion sensors on club (e.g. SwingByte, PocketPro, SwingSmart)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

what is your take on these motion sensor devices that you attach to your club e.g. the SwingByte, PocketPro or SwingSmart. I believe only the SwingByte is actually out there already and is having some teething problems with the device moving on the club, hence delivering some unreliable data. But what do you think, once these teething problems are solved, do you think these will be useful devices to have? They can tell you your swing path (alignment is an issue I believe), swing speed, swing length, tempo etc. The data might not be directly comparable to what you get from a LM like Trackman or Flightscope but if the results are consistent in itself then this could be a useful feedback device, don't you think? You just have to know how to 'read' the data.

Did anyone try the SwingByte already? I've heard from one member here that it has highly unreliable results. I wonder whether that is due to the teething problem or whether that is a general problem with motion sensors. I know that old motion sensors would have a drift but I believe newer models don't suffer that problem anymore.

I would love to have a device that can show me my club in 3D (how long it went back, any loops in there, clubface at any position in the backswing etc. I don't think you can use the clubface at impact as they can only tell you the face relative to address though.

Regards

ParHunter

Last edited:
Crap! The problem is that the sensor cannot capture the clubface. I want a $100 impact device but it isn't going to happen anytime soon. Nobody is giving away this stuff for free and the math behind the calculcations is proprietary I suspect.

Crap! The problem is that the sensor cannot capture the clubface. I want a $100 impact device but it isn't going to happen anytime soon. Nobody is giving away this stuff for free and the math behind the calculcations is proprietary I suspect.
Okay I know the clubface might be a problem, but what about the path? I don't expect them to be anywhere as good as a TM or FS.

Status
Not open for further replies.