Mr. S Hank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know at least one tour player who shanks alot with a closed face. On the downswing he works his arms well over his backswing to hit a pull cut. His clubface is very closed to keep the ball from cutting too much. When he gets going bad he can hit one shank after another. Any guesses who? Not sure I should say.

Agree that it's not now Tiger would shank it.

Perhaps THIS is my swing - am I a shut face cut shanker? What are the long game symptoms? Does a golfer with this swing draw it when he wants to fade it, and vice-versa? Does he shoot 7 over on the front nine and 1 under on the back? Is there a general dis-inclination towards work of any kind?

jim,
sorry,but i really cant comment on any shank tiger has hit,ive never seen him do it!if he had one during the wachovia champ then so be it,but my post was in relation to normal guys who post and may read this on the forum.
i did also say that it is possible to shank open faced,but that it is very rare.
i would like to add though that most closed face shanks start with the clubface open at the top of backswing.i would love to hear from brian on this,its a very interesting and important subject.
p.s, spike,youtube is censored in thailand right now which explains why we cant get it.
David McCallum.

Thanks bro been wondering. How are ya? Where are you now?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
PS

(...in the video)

If the ant CAN see the ball at release point but the LAG PRESSURE that is LOADED get moved in the DIRECTION of the ant not seeing the ball...same thing.

S H A N K.

Burner

New
I'm having trouble accessing youtube lately any suggestions?

If this is the Daren Clarke video, I've seen it but would like to see it again. I agree with Dave McCallum and Butch's dad. I didn't at first until I really gave it a look. The matrix man makes a lot of sense, too.
Spike,

Its a link I picked up off "iseek".

However, you could go directly to You Tube and do a search for Darren Clarke.

Status
Not open for further replies.