My Golf Season is done. Torn ACL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tore my left ACL this morning playing Basketball. Doc said my golf season is done. I'm having surgery probably in the next few days after meeting with the anesthesiologist and the swelling goes down. Best wishes to all for this season..I'll get to start over next season:(

Tore my left ACL this morning playing Basketball. Doc said my golf season is done. I'm having surgery probably in the next few days after meeting with the anesthesiologist and the swelling goes down. Best wishes to all for this season..I'll get to start over next season:(

Sucks VJ! I played a lot of basketball, HS, Unlimited leagues, rec leagues. Surprisingly, I never even had a badly sprained ankle. I stopped playing a couple years ago, ( I'm 43 ) it just was too hard on my back, and I could start feeling it in my knees. The good thing for you is that the procedures & rehab are so advanced now, and I'm guessing you are still fairly young? You'll be as good as new in no time. Good luck!

jimmyt

New
I feel your pain!

Sorry to hear the VJ......guess we will be seeing....I mean reading much more from you.

I do know exactly what your going through, I tore my ACL about 30 years ago did nothing and it screwed up my hole body.....anyway had knee reconstruction 1 1/2 years ago and I was so sorry that I waited. Maybe not sorry technology/science has come a long way since my original tear. Do the surgery get it over with and let the rehab and the pain killers begin........

Again sorry, but you should stop being a kid anyway........

Jim

good luck, I have had my left knee scoped 3 times. Never a torn ACL but just crappy bothersome damage here and there. I have to play with a strap or a sleeve on the left knee and load on ibuprofen. It sux big time and can really affect driving onto that front side for sure.

Bummer. Just remember, the rehab is every bit as important as the surgery. Do your rehab faithfully and you should be fine. Best wishes.

like the one poster said---work on the rehab. it's very important. i had total reconstruction back in 93. i'm sure methods are better and faster now, and you'll be on the course before you know it. i'd bet you could play later in the year. good luck

Thanks for the well wishes. That baby is super swollen this morning and tender. I'll take good care of it and lose some weight in the process, need to do that anyway. I can practice my putting, that never hurts.

Good luck VJ. Nice to hear you are smart and getting things healed. I would be out trying to play on my right leg.

Tough break VJ. Hope the surgery and rehab go well. The left knee is tough to have operated on for a golfer (assuming you're right handed), because of the torque on the downswing. Great idea to turn this into a positive by spending time putting and working the short game when given the OK to begin your return.

Tough break and just when you were playing even better golf.

Had my left knee reconstructed 20 some years ago after tearing the ACL playing baseball. I had to had 2 other scopes to take out torn cartilage within a 2 year period after the ACL reconstruction. I still have tendonitis from the patellar tendon graft that was used from the same knee to repair the ACL. But, it lasted 4 years of college baseball and has held up with what I do now.

What's your surgeon using to repair the ligament--cadaver ligament, tendon graft, synthetic, I've heard they can use pig ligament too? They should be able to do the surgery arthroscopically.

Status
Not open for further replies.