My Golf Swing (with video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I link pasted a link to my youtube channel. Any ideas on how to get it to show up (complete rookie at this).

My bad..I didn't look in the right place. It's there,sorry:) I'd look up some things on the forum on lagging clubhead takeaway and get to the range and video some down the line, face on and rear view, all with you actually hitting balls. What videos of Brians do you own?

Thanks VJ. I own Confessions, NSA, Soft draw, and NHA.

Any other insights based on what you see in the video?

I agree with VJ on the lagging clubhead takeaway. I also see you rotating the left arm too much with the takeaway. Also your feet are closed to the club you put on the ground (is that your aiming line?), are they supposed to be parallel to it?

I also agree with VJ that you need to video while hitting a ball at the range or on the course. Things tend to change when actually hitting a ball.

Are you using any of the SD components?
Not on purpose anyway. I am thinking of NSA, with minimum twistaway.

I am going to take everyone's advice and hit some balls and post the video after that.
Currently I am fighting huge push hooks/hooks(especially with my driver). Would that be underplane with a closed clubface?

I agree with VJ on the lagging clubhead takeaway. I also see you rotating the left arm too much with the takeaway. Also your feet are closed to the club you put on the ground (is that your aiming line?), are they supposed to be parallel to it?

I also agree with VJ that you need to video while hitting a ball at the range or on the course. Things tend to change when actually hitting a ball.

My feet are a little closed to my target line. I am not very flexible and I find by dropping my rear foot back a couple of inches I tend to get a better turn. I think i remember Brian stating that this was okay in one of his videos as well (soft draw maybe?)

In terms of rotating my left arm too much, I may be doing that to try to open the clubface on the way back to avoid hooking the ball off the golf course at impact. That is my thinking but I will be the first to admit that I don't know a ton about the golf swing.

Let's see if I can get this D-plane down for the lefty:

push hooks=open clubface, swinging left

hook=square clubface, swinging left

pull hook= closed clubface, swinging left

Feel free to correct me.

Last edited:
Let's see if I can get this D-plane down:

push hooks=open clubface, swinging right

hook=square clubface, swinging right

pull hook= closed clubface, swinging right

Feel free to correct me.

Are you talking about a lefthanded golfer here?

My feet are a little closed to my target line. I am not very flexible and I find by dropping my rear foot back a couple of inches I tend to get a better turn. I think i remember Brian stating that this was okay in one of his videos as well (soft draw maybe?)

In terms of rotating my left arm too much, I may be doing that to try to open the clubface on the way back to avoid hooking the ball off the golf course at impact. That is my thinking but I will be the first to admit that I don't know a ton about the golf swing.

Dropping the foot back is in one of the videos, but especially if you are hooking it, it promotes swinging in to out(left for the lefty) and may not be good. I started doing this when hooking and then kept closing my stance. What helped my was to actually do the opposite with the alignment--I opened my stance and worked on trying to fade it.

What's your grip like?

Last edited:
What's your grip like?

In my opinion, Manzella neutral to maybe slightly weaker. Having said that, it looks like in the video I am regripping with my bottom hand just prior to takeaway, and it looks stronger.

Prior to NSA, I had a very strong grip, so I may still be fighting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.