My house got robbed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My house got robbed yesterday. I lost a lot of stuff, but the thing that is really killing me is they took my computers and back up drives of all my swing video, all Brian's videos and all 3 of my Casio cameras.
It's funny but if they had stolen my clubs I could replace them easily but over a decade of swing and lesson video can't be replaced. I still have some stuff on an old computer that wasn't in the house but it still sucks.
They also picked through my shoes and stole a pair of Bruno Magli's and some Elevee slacks.....apparently a very fashion conscious burglar.......
Ric

Sorry to hear. Definitely doesn't help now, but may for you in the future and others.... get a back-up system like Carbonite. Very cheap at ~$55-60/year... and you can access your files from any computer. I've even accessed my files from my BB.. downloaded a critical legal document to BB and then emailed to the person sitting across the desk from me.

Damn that sucks! Glad that no one was hurt though.

I have plenty of bad swings on video if you need to borrow some for a new library.

+1 on the Carbonite. It's bailed my butt out on more than one occasion.

When you said Brunos, I thought of one suspect... Do we know where OJ was at the time?

ZAP

New
Getting stuff stolen is not a good feeling. Especially things that have meaning to you. We returned from vacation out west two weeks ago and found that someone had stolen my wife's wedding ring. She left it home and wore her band because we were going to be doing to hiking and horseback riding. The thief could have taken almost anything else and I would not have really cared. My wife was devastated.

Fortunately I played detective and went to all the places in town that bought gold and found the wedding ring. Had to pay to get it back but they had record of who sold it to them. She also sold a gold chain that belonged to my wife's mom which we did not get back. She is also getting ready to spend a little time behind bars.

Make some phone calls to pawn shops in the area. Crooks are stupid and they probably will want to turn that stuff over fast. Have the shops watch for golf swing footage on the casios.

Good luck.

Thanks guys!
I am going to spend quite a bit of money upping the security. I can tell you that if you have a dog and don't use your motion sensor your opening yourself up. Honeywell now makes a sensor that a dog up to 100lbs can move around without setting off but a person will. I am having them put in this week.
Bmanz,
thanks I appreciate it. I look forward to seeing you in NY in October.
Ric

Hey Ric, if you had any financially sensitive info on your computer, keep an eye out for identity theft; you might want to look into some of the id theft protection companies.

Damn that sucks! Glad that no one was hurt though.

I have plenty of bad swings on video if you need to borrow some for a new library.

+1 on the Carbonite. It's bailed my butt out on more than one occasion.

When you said Brunos, I thought of one suspect... Do we know where OJ was at the time?

oj.jpg

Hey Ric, if you had any financially sensitive info on your computer, keep an eye out for identity theft; you might want to look into some of the id theft protection companies.
I have both life lock and Amex's credit secure. I already changed all my bank account #'s, called the credit card companies, changed all me internet passwords too. it is a giant pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.