my lesson on the golf channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,
Here we go. about 10 years ago I was the guest student on the TGC with Don Trahan, I had never met him before and it was pretty funny from my perspective because I had no idea what he was talking about and at one point I almost accidentally killed him.
I converted the VHS to AVI and loaded the part with me in onto youtube.
here it is:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYWIzt8s2gs[/media]

You did a great job. No sign of nerves, tough to pull off.

Other than putting a face with a name, what struck me was economics.
Can't believe the time dedicated to this teaching session. Not going
to happen on today's golf channel.

Last edited:
the funny part was they asked me what issues I had with my game and I told them distance but that wasn't going to work so they asked if I had anything else, I told them I occasionally hit a fat shot and next thing I know I am chunking Charlie to a national TV audience!
Also the studio is very small and nowhere to warm up. I drove to Orlando from the Miami area(about 3 hours), hopped out of the car and they handed me a Nike iron and we were on TV!
I laugh at the whole experience now, but it was kinda cool.

ZAP

New
I bet it was cool. The whole thing felt like they were rushing you. I am betting it seemed like it was all over in two seconds.
Chunking Charlie.....hilarious
You did not look nervous at all. I would have been pooping my pants but then again if it happened that fast maybe not.

It actually fealt like it was a long time, when you watch it on TV it's quick but I could feel my chest pounding when I almost hit him with the club. At one point he asked me if I understood something he was saying and I just guessed. All I could hear in my head was "in the catchers mit and up the tree", to this day I have no idea what it meant.

Oh,
and for months people would come up to me at the range or golf courses and tell me that they saw me on tv, a lot of people saw that show.

dbl

New
Ric, thanks for taking the time for editing and posting that.

Besides you, I can imagine Mr. Trahan was feeling a bit unsure about a live lesson of a complete stranger.

You did pretty well, and were at the least a willing live "dummy" to let him speak around. I didn't see much change really.

And I couldn't believe where Folz was (to the right), unless he was protected by netting.

Ha, this is great!

I've seen a few vids featuring Don "The Swing Surgeon" Trahan (as he calls himself), he's quite a character.

Folz must have a set of church bells on him standing where he did, especially not knowing you from Adam.

Where you able to cure the drop-kicks... remember... thin to win!:D

BTW, I don't know what Shields was telling everyone about - you're not a goofy looking bloke at all. :)

Rick, you should have been giving the lesson. That was THE WORST bit of instruction I've seen in a long time. I hear better advice from 15 handicap members talking to their chums who are having a bad day.

I did like the GolfSmith TV commercial of the squirrels between the segments of "Pop Tart" and "Swing up the tree."

I'll write that off to nerves (on his part), but that was rubbish.

Brian works on the swing, so it is quite fine these days. I understand what he is talking about.
the instruction in general was bizarre because it really didn't address anything swing wise and the club fitting thing was weird because it wasn't my club.

Status
Not open for further replies.