My mind can't grasp coupling point hands away from target during an actual swing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't compute the hands away/club away and coupling point into any sort of workable swing.

I look forward to the instruction.

However-
I have had success with "scrape the ball off the ground with a delofted club" and the "hit up on the ball with a driver and delofted club." Those are images that connect with me and I can put into action.

Maybe others feel the same way.

Here is my question as I try and work on this:

If I start with my hands forward (either a forward press, or just start with hands in a delofted club position) and then try to just brush the grass going through (shallow). Is that the correct concept, or am I basically just a shallow swinging handle dragger?

hp12c

New
I can't compute the hands away/club away and coupling point into any sort of workable swing.

However-
I have had success with "scrape the ball off the ground with a delofted club" and the "hit up on the ball with a driver and delofted club." Those are images that connect with me and I can put into action.

If I start with my hands forward (either a forward press, or just start with hands in a delofted club position) and then try to just brush the grass going through (shallow). Is that the correct concept, or am I basically just a shallow swinging handle dragger?

Sounds a bit like shallow handle dragging and I should know Im a handle dragger from way back but getting better at not doing it so much.

dbl

New
I'm not sure I understand your question. Hands away is something at the top of the backswing, the brushing you mention is at impact. As to the hands UP near impact, they are controlled by the left arm, which is controlled by the left shoulder. Therefore to my mind you don't focus on the hands per se.

+1

What you describe does sound like a "shallow swinging handle dragger." Now that may not be what you are doing, but the idea of moving the CP up before impact (with no FATS at impact) is different from the idea of holding the hands ahead throughout and brushing the grass.

However-

I was viewing some swings on youtube recently and it struck me that Webb Simpson seems to have a more obvious move of the hands to HIS right/away from the target after transition. It may or may not help you but check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.