My Swing, Need Advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, this video includes multiple clips of my swing on the same day, same round. A few were taken on the range after the round. All were good shots, except the driver clip, which was like 3rd, and the first of the face on clips.

After looking at my own swing, after a long time of not seeing it, i was surprised at how flat i am on the backswing, but on the downswing, i make a good move in my eyes, and have a decent impact position. I was surprised at how my swing looked, because the way i was hitting the ball that day, and the past few days, was very well.

After viewing the video, i tried to make some changes, like keeping the club face closed longer, and that hurt things. Im not sure what to change. Please, give me your feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsItIHE991w

Yes, i seem to have an early rotation of the left forearm/wrist. What i ment by keeping the face closed or "square", was trying to feel that on the way back.

Your posture I think is good other than you keeping your neck straight at address. (like a turtle, if you will) Apparently Ben Doyle would say that he shouldn't be able to see your face. It could add tension to your shoulders I think and if nothing else prolly is an extra thing you don't need to do. To me you have the right idea but look too stiff and forced. (not that you want to get sloppy tho)

Why did you want to keep the face closed longer?

Where do your misses go?

Chris Sturgess

He hits draws and his misses are hooks and pushes, I would assume from watching that. When he is talking about keeping the face closed, yeah I think he's saying the backswing. But that doesn't even matter because his clubface is still slightly closed at the top, which isn't much of a big deal.

It looks really good in general, Golfkid. I hear what you're saying about the flatness. I don't think it's that big of a deal since your posture is bent over enough from the hips, which it looks like you've been working on. Kind of an Aaron Baddeley thing you have going on there, which is fine if it works for you and doesn't feel awkward or tense. Gary Player was flat like that and had a great career. It does tend to bring hooks and pushes into the equation though. So you could experiment if you wanted to with a slightly less bent over posture, meaning your shoulders would be just barely past your toes from a behind view, and then have your hands just barely outside your right shoulder at the top. But I think you should probably just keep doing what you are currently doing for now since it's working for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.