My swing. Please assist. Building Blocks/Ben Doyle pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my swing today. I previously was working on Brian's NSA, then SD. Recently I've taken a few lessons with Ben Doyle and so I have decided to go with his pattern. I haven't been able to see Ben for the last month and it will be a while before I'm able to get down to Carmel again, so i thought I would have the forum take a look.

My misses tend to be pulls and sometimes hooks. I believe that part of my problem lies in an overswing or the target ward sway of my body at the top of my swing. Ben has told me to work on my pivot.

I'm not sure if I should slow down my backswing, just work on a NSA pivot, or what. Please advise and drill suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Face on:
YouTube - ‪jdish face on 6.14.11‬‏

DTL:
YouTube - ‪100 0880‬‏

Easy

1) Right index finger needs to grip to some degree
2) A lofted club- short iron - approach shot - should not be the same swing as you use for the driver. Shorten it up - for accuracy - somehow, someway- adjust your distances accordingly.
3) Same thing with the finish - for a lofted short iron approach shot - you don't have a full finish.

That's a start

Thanks Mike. I attempted to shorten my swing a while ago without much success. I read on hear that Brian warns against attempting to shorten. If that is the case, how do I avoid my reverse pivot like seay of my upper body at the top. Do I work on my transition, speed of back swing, any ideas welcome...

I'm not a swing expert but I was struggling with big pulls and hooks earlier this year and I checked two things which helped me out:

1) My right hand grip was really strong which led to a shut clubface at impact. I went to a more "orthodox" grip and it helped me instantly.

2) I made sure that I was rotating the club face open on the backswing. For me this meant focusing on rotating my left forearm 90 deg in the backswing.

Take this with a grain of salt and hopefully the more experienced eyes will chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.