My swing today- Comments appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wedge and a 6 iron swing today, can't go much further than my garden at the moment.

Current feel is for a lagging clubhead takeaway to get my hips moving in the right way and trying to avoid popout. I'm hopefully overdoing in practice but not in the real swing.

This seems to get my hips working better coming down and also I feel less underplane and hit less fat shots. i "feel" like I snap my chain more too if there is a feel to that. Just more go if you know what I mean.

Other than that I am learning basic TGM motions just for my own interest in it all. I see TGm as a good encyclopedia basis but not as a be all and end all as many have come to realise. We have Brian to thank for that. I can see the big difference between true front edge "TGM/COAFF" divots and mid and rear sole pitching.

Apart from that I'm a bit lost a present, not hitting any real horrors on course but not able to play much.

Just garden practice for a few more weeks yet. As can be seen on my Youtube channel there is a puppy going through some rehab here at home, two hip surgeries to correct hip dysplasia in the last month has me practicing at home for a while but Ruby is doing very well.

I'd appreciate any comments

YouTube - LCT

If I can get away from home i'm hoping to spend some time with jaridyard on Trackman sometime soon.

Brian, tying down the weblesson seems to be a no go my end, maybe we could do something via video and you analysing?

Thanks guys,

As can be seen by my signature i'm left behind at home here by the wife....:eek:

Gareth

;)

It would be nice to see a face on swing of you actually striking a golf ball. My early observations, I think you might hit it fat because of the center moving forward. I'd watch the center. Ball flight??High and right with the irons?

Those are Dynamic gold S300's in my blades. My bad shots for the last 3-4 years are fat, sometimes REAL fat, pulls and pull hooking. Ball flight is also high. I will hit the occasional real high right pop up.

D-Plane changed the way I think about playing golf on course, from lie/slope to working the ball. I know I feel I am closer to what is right in terms of setting up for moving the bal

eg aiming left when ball is far back in the stance.

I hope to get some range footage soon.

It was me with the neck injury about 18 months ago, nearly ended playing golf. I'm still a bit weak on my left arm but pretty much there. Can't really hit of range mats any more.

Recently gone back to them and am committed to them as they give me feedback. I feel my ball striking worsens with easier to hit clubs despite "getting away" with bad shots.

I think blades feel heavier, I don't know if they are but they feel that way to me. I can feel the head better with blades.

i just cant hit anything near game-improvement clubs cos i deteste the way they look. anything with a thick top-line, or too much off-set, or too high a toe, or heaven forbid if i can see the cavity on the right side of the top-line, i will not even swing them.

but enough talk of clubs.

Gareth, swing looks VERY good. however, feedback is difficult without ball-flight to work from. only thing i can possilby see is the shoulders look a little bit square where impact would be. apart from that, keep doin wat you're doin

Burner

New
No ball, no comment.

How can you tell a Sniper firing blanks "good shot"?

Apart from that, can't see the vid'.

Birdie_ Man , pass that flamin' Port - please.

i just cant hit anything near game-improvement clubs cos i deteste the way they look. anything with a thick top-line, or too much off-set, or too high a toe, or heaven forbid if i can see the cavity on the right side of the top-line, i will not even swing them.

I hear you Pecky :D

Status
Not open for further replies.