Need a good laugh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still trying to figure out how many majors Joe Dolby has.:rolleyes:

After you figure that out... and I don't suspect it will take too long... please tell me who Robert Anthony Prichard is.... and how many touring pro's are in his "stable". My guess is that the answer to both is the same number.

More "internet fallout" I think.

Robbo

btw.... can we get a shot of Dolby hitting a ball rather than swinging on his outdoor deck in front of a cheesy net on a mat at nothing? :)

Says on his sight he has worked with tour players including a winner of the US open and someone who improved to be the #1 ranked putter on tour.

Chris Sturgess

I thought Tiger was the best player in the world. But it turns out it's none other than Joe Dolby. And Joe Dolby is injury free too! Wow. Tiger should grab an iced tea and just sit on Joe Dolby's deck watching the Dolbmeister show him how the game is supposed to be played by making practice swings on astroturf.

And it's too bad Ben Hogan isn't alive today so the Dolbanator could go down to Shady Acres (?) Golf Course and tap Mr. Hogan on the shoulder and say "you're doing it wrong, lemme show you somethin'. "

I was so surprised when reading the article that all I had to do was buy a goofy training aid.

:rolleyes:

Very surprised to see they were selling something.
:rolleyes:

If you watch the hip trainer video it shows such a golf like action, shoulders back and forth on the same angle... :rolleyes:

Sure I saw some italian type guy tell me once on Youtube how much BOLONEY that is......

Last edited:

Erik_K

New
I don't understand how these guys can measure these angles with any sort of reasonable precision.

They are looking at 3D pictures and we don't know if the camera is totally square with the camera and they draw lines and claim that this guy has 37 deg of turn, lift, spine angle, etc.

He says that Dolby has 35 degrees more shoulder turn than Tiger.

Huh?

He might be making a bit longer turn, and you can see his right shoulder behind his head (much like Garcia). It does take a lot of flexibility to do this, but you can also see a little of Tiger's right shoulder near/behind his neck. Again, I stress the camera placement issues. There is a lot of perspective here and the viewing angles are all relative.

I don't think these guys have an understanding of plane geometry. You can't just draw lines on a 3D surface then project to a 2D computer screen and call it a day.

Chris Sturgess

It is always entertaining in some typical dumb analysis when they compare one guy face on hitting a driver at the top of his backswing to a guy from a 3/4 view in his transition. I'm surprised they didn't have Tiger hitting a punch 7 iron too.

Anyway, I'll take Joe Dolby over Tiger any day. Or Hogan. Because, we don't drive cars designed in 1957.....that was the pre Dolby era!

The guy no doubt can hit it...

He's not even hitting a ball there though. I know I can do a lot of different stuff when I don't have to control the clubface...

Status
Not open for further replies.