Need Pivot Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, I've been working on the out-toss and was getting really good results, however, lately, it's been fore left, and I believe the reason is when I start my down swing, I hang back on the right side, never really getting back to the left, greatly increase my axis tilt, therefore the clubhead is shut coming into impact, because of bad body positioning. I use to fight against this by holding off the release.

Ie:On the downswing, I go at it aggressively with the hands and arms, but body is staying back.

I'd love to get some ideas as to the best way to make sure I'm getting left enough on the downswing, unfortunatley no Manzella Instructors in Georgia.

thx

FWIW, Just my thoughts.

Try more hip turn earlier in the back swing. I was having the same issue after a long layoff from golf. A better turn on the backswing straightened it out for me.

yes, almost a pure face pull, ball goes left and turns more left. so my path has to be going to the right, but the face it close. Thought about trying the Gary Player drill where he takes a big step with his right foot following the ball to make sure he's getting on his left side. Just can't quit hanging back

This is very old, but could help give the feeling of falling into your left foot. In so many words, Brian says that you should not be able to lift your front foot off the ground at the end of your backswing (pivot). So you take a golf ball, or a piece of wood and place it under your rear foot such that the outside of the rear foot it wedged up (leaning forward). Effect is that it kind of forces you to fall left.

Status
Not open for further replies.