New FAST Procedure for tendon injuries (golfers / tennis elbow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FAST is an acronym for Focused Aspiration of Scar / Soft Tissue

It's a new minimally invasive procedure (just approved last fall) developed by two doctors at the Mayo Clinic. It's being marketed by a company called Tenex Health. It uses untra-sound to locate scar tissue and then uses ultra-sonic energy to emuslify and remove scar tissue that is known to be the source of tendon pain for injuries such as lateral / medial epicondylitis (tennis / golfers elbow). The frequency used is suppose to just zap the diseased tissue including bone spurs while leaving alone the healthy tissue.

It's said to have all the benefits of open surgery without many of the risks and a shorter recovery time. It can be used for shoulders, elbows, knees and achilles. As of early May 1000 people have had the procedure and the results sound promising. The emeritus chairman of orthopeadic surgery at the Mayo Clinic and University of Texas Dr. Benard Morrey is the chief medical spokes-person for this procedure.

For anyone who suffers from chronic tendonitis / tendonosis this could be a game changer. I had the procedure done on my elbow last week and time will tell. I discovered this procedure by accident and thought I'd pass along the info for those golfers who have this condition or know someone who does.

There's some You Tube videos out there that show how this works.

Tenex Health – Fast Procedure – fastprocedure.com: FAST procedure

FAST PROCEDURE-Complete procedure from diseased tissue v2 - YouTube

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.