New pictures: Vijay and Zack Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The terrific lag in frame 4 of the Johnson sequence is an eye-catcher - how does he get there and keep the clubhead from going out to the right? Look how close the shaft is to his right shoulder! Is this done by simply driving the right shoulder down on plane with no active left arm pull, or is something else going on here? Like the Bertholy Method of actively holding the angle with the right hand utilizing a right bicep pull? It's hard for me to believe that just downcocking could give such an acute angle between the left arm and shaft.

The only player, who I've seen in photos, to match this is Howell.

Thanks for the photos.

Zach Johnson's lag is one of the resons he can hit the ball 300 yards. Very powerful for his size.

His cupped left wrist certainly helps him. It probably helps him get the clubface open more, too.

His right arm maintains perfect structure in frame 4 (the 'box' formed by the right forearm, upper arm, and shaft).

His right side drive through and supports the shaft to the finish nicely.

Redgoat, how did Mr. F do?

Redgoat, do you have Baddeley and Price? For the flack Lead gets on this board I think they are two great swings.

EdZ

New
Zach's impact to finish positions are outstanding..... as Ragman said, right side is very good through the shot.

Interesting to see how 'narrow' he seems to be prior to impact.... hard to tell if he is truly narrow, or he just keeps the 'package' closer to his body, but well extended through the shot in any case....

Looks like he may hit more than his share of push shots when he gets off though

EdZ

New
VJ - I'd hope he is practicing hitting a draw there.... much more inside going back, and across the line than I would expect of him based on what I have seen in the past.

hue

New
Brady:I like Zach's swing. He is my exact hight and weight. From the front on pics it looks like his swing is a bit flat. Do you have any down the line pics to post? Thanks.

quote:Originally posted by McDuff

Redgoat, do you have Baddeley and Price? For the flack Lead gets on this board I think they are two great swings.

Badds built that swing with an Australian coach by the name of Dale Lynch.. IMO he should have stuck with him.

quote:Originally posted by EdZ

VJ - I'd hope he is practicing hitting a draw there.... much more inside going back, and across the line than I would expect of him based on what I have seen in the past.
VY's swing is sort of an enigma. He swings way from the inside on the DS and deliberately holds the face open so being across the line at the top helps him swing inside.

Zach Johnson- grip's way too strong, which forces him to slide his legs and hold on after impact. Vijay takes it inside too much, which makes him come from the inside too much on the downswing, so he has to stand up at impact. Other than that, he's the world's best player right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.