New Putting Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a very promising looking putting aid, though the price point is a bit on the high side. I'd love to hear what the informed posters on the site, as well as Brian, think of it. Go to:

www.therailer.com

jeffy

Banned
Or make your own plane board with a board lying against a broken shaft stuck in the green and save $174...

For me, the best putting "aid" is a striped ball with the stripe lying along the target line: instant feedback if you don't strike it properly.

I just started doing these posts so I'm not quite sure what to expect. I own the Railer thing now. The reason, no offense to anyone is because of the putting arc. I didn't think the putting arc worked very well. I felt like I had to physically keep the putter against it and that was too hard. You honestly can't even tell the Railure is even there when you use it. And the noise it makes is barely noticable, it is actually quite useful in working on your tempo. The pro at our club loved it so much that he bought one to teach with. Good for the Railer guys I guess, because I think he's sold a bunch of them.

quote:Originally posted by southpaw

I think this is a very promising looking putting aid, though the price point is a bit on the high side. I'd love to hear what the informed posters on the site, as well as Brian, think of it. Go to:

www.therailer.com

Something isn't right about this. The radius of the putter head arc is forced by the Railer. A correct version would have a straight guide bar to keep the shaft on plane by just maintaining contact with the guide and shaft, without any magnet. If you keep the shaft against the straight guide bar, the putter head will appear to move in a arc, but the radius of that arc will vary according to how far you are from the ball and how long the putter is. Of course, such a device would be very inexpensive and not very profitable.

I know Nevermind. I have one and did a test.I had a low bench(Straight Line for shaft) and the Putting Arc for the head. The two did not match up.........

hue

New
I use a Clyde Guide

http://www.golfjustlikethepros.com/Clyde_Guide_for_Putting.htm

combined with a weighted putter grip with a pen laser in the end of the shaft that a friend made up for me.This kind of thing but with only one laser and a putting grip.

http://www.golfjustlikethepros.com/Dual_Laser_Grip.htm

The Clyde Guide keeps my stroke together and I keep the laser pointing at the base line through out the stroke. My putting stroke was really bad with a holding off guiding/steering above plane in the through stroke move . The training aids are working in helping me get rid of that nasty move.

Status
Not open for further replies.