NHA and Going Normal with the driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drift back to NHA periodically to get rid of my pull hooks with driver. I can hit all other clubs beautifully with the pattern but I don't like hitting down on the driver.

I vaguely remember on a Wiseguys video how to blend NHA and going normal. I can't remember the details of it.

Brian, can you help?

I think teachers should be more focused on how to attain shallow and longer/straighter divots. Big/longer accum 3 with steep hand path and on plane shoulder turn.

Big Alpha angle=shallow/flat clubhead path thru the strike.

Steep hand path and on plane shoulder turn=longer/straighter clubhead path.

Once attained, all you have to do is change stance direction, ball position and "turn the tool in the chuck" or something to that effect as per John Schlee. No swing change.

Last edited:

dbl

New
Zach why would make you pronouncements like this at Brian's site, particularly in a thread which is uniquely about a Manzella pattern? Wouldn't you be happier posting at a general site like golfwrx or sandtrap?

Zach why would make you pronouncements like this at Brian's site, particularly in a thread which is uniquely about a Manzella pattern? Wouldn't you be happier posting at a general site like golfwrx or sandtrap?
Don't see any inconsistency at all between what I'm saying here with Brian's pattern.

Can you clarify if there's anything I say contrary to Brian's pattern?

The bigger the Alpha angle, the more Alpha tirque you can get, and the more possible and doable a bigger Beta is, which in turn woukd obliterate the hooks. NHA.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
ZACH... am certain you mean SWING RAIDUS, or FUNCTIONAL SWING PLANE RADIUS.....ALPHA ANGLE is how far around the clock the club goes...

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Working on Never Hook Again preview notes....

But the simple answer to JBRUNK's question....

When you drop the arms or shake the sugar, you are "catching that drop" with the pivot, by the time you "catch it" you should already be on your left foot pressure wise and can "go normal" by pulling back on the drop.

Which is why I ALWAYS hit better shots trying to hit HIGH CUTS doing that pattern.

Monkeyed around with NHA yesterday as well. I had forgot many of the setup keys but remembered most of the backswing and downswing components. Looking forward to trying it again with more leftward setup and right arm more in line with the shaft at address. Our course is really getting baked so the added height will come in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.