NHA queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I’ve been hitting a few hooks and the odd dropkick hook thrown in for good measure so have reviewed NHA 2.0 again. If anyone has a mo, I’ve got a few things I’d like to check out to see if I am feeling the right kind of thing to get rid of the lefts.

Swinging along the wall, my handpath is feeling much straighter back, but to get the club going up the wall it also feels like I have to kind of push down with my left hand heel pad. Does this sound right? I definitely like the ‘up-ness’ without just lifting the hands up to the top, but not sure if this is along the right lines.

Following on from this, at the top it feels like my hands are further away from my head away from the target and there is definite pressure on my left thumb from the lifeline of my right hand. Does this sound okay?

Feels crazy enough to be different, but seems much easier to swing left from here without any effort from my arms. In fact, entirely the opposite as there feels to be no tension in my arms on the better ones. Also, is swinging left from here going to stop me standing up a bit through the ball? Seems to me that I won't have to stand up if I have got the carry and then swing left.

Please let me know if I am way off track!

Jwat

New
Also, is swinging left from here going to stop me standing up a bit through the ball? Seems to me that I won't have to stand up if I have got the carry and then swing left.

Please let me know if I am way off track!

For me, the ONLY way to truly swing left is to not stand up through impact. When you do stand up you probably tend to thrust your hips towards the target line in the downswing. You need to move your hips in a fashion that will make you FEEL like the ball will start way left and slice.

That is exactly what is looks like. I'm thinking this is an underplane symptom - everything looks like it is going too far right. In effect, even though I am aiming at the pin, I am effectively swinging to a virtual target out to the right. Shifting my weight towards this target, viewed from down the line looks like move towards the target line.

At the moment, turning the hips through could start the ball left, but it won't come back.

Just trying to think through this, cause and effect. Seems to me that swinging left from being under the plane spells disaster so standing up is the only thing saving it.

So less underplane will make it easier to swing left? Carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.