No roll release hand on wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

66er

New
Just curious should you release the club in this manner for small chips around the green and even bunker shots? If so I gotta practice.

My chipping has really benefited from concentrating on this release. It's been easier for me to implement on short shots than the full swing, but I've noticed an immediate improvement in distance control on shots around the green.

Just curious should you release the club in this manner for small chips around the green and even bunker shots? If so I gotta practice.

I think a little of that and Brian's "point the the left index finger on the coupling point" as you go through a chip motion goes a long way in preventing the player from pushing straight lines and gauging out leading edge divots.

However I still think some well timed axis tilt, a little hip extension and a reverse roll feel going left after impact is a fine way to nip it good. AHHHH.. the things we do for our love affair with left wrist negative torque.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
A yea or nay on this would be much appreciated guys.

Yea for sure. But not on every single shot green side. But remember you don't need anyone else's approval, you can always experiment with different releases on your own to find out what works best.

Status
Not open for further replies.