Nothing new but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned that when I can "let go", my swing is a thousand times better.

I've been working on the "release" indoors recently and things are clicking. I use the Pelz practice balls which are fairly dense since it feels better than most other practice balls. Being indoors, if I miss hit it too much (shank) I'm liable to break a window or other things. Today I found this yellow foam ball and started working on my swing with it and you know what? My swing was amazing.

The thing is I wasn't worried about breaking anything or mis hitting it. I was only concerned with hitting it and I was really striping it (as far as I can tell). I just let go and my swing was great. I was 100% committed to the shot without a doubt in my mind anything would go wrong. And I did it over and over again.

Sadly, when I went back to the Pelz ball, those feelings did not stay at all. As much as I tried to be calm, committed, focused, what have you, there was this "worry". My swing wasn't bad, but it didn't feel as free. I couldn't let go and just swing. Anyway, it's there. I know it's there and close, and that feels good.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Well, part of becoming good at this game is trust in your swing. There will always be people who dont realize their potential because the over control or swing out of fear. Dont be one of those guys.

Those Almost Golf balls are really fun to use. Kids like them better than regular balls and you can turn your pitching area into a full par 3.
For Gravedigga: make a game of trying to see how trusting you can be. Before you hit, thank the shot for the challenge then grade on a scale of 1 to 5 just how trusting you were.

Worked on my trust issues this morning and it's been feeling better. It's just hard to figure out why and what I don't trust. After I make a bad swing, I'm like, why didn't I trust that, and most of the time I don't know why...

Status
Not open for further replies.