NSA pivot and pop-out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working on the NSA pivot, which looks to be the same pivot from Brian's earlier article on the perfect pivot. I have settled on that backswing, combining it with lining up the club at impact and swinging my hands left from their low point. And I have been booming it! I have never consistently hit it as far with all the clubs through the bag. Its exciting.

However, occasionally, I will start my arms back with a little pop-out. When I do that, I typically pull the ball pretty dramatically to the left. Can anyone explain why having some pop-out would cause a pull? I want to understand why this happens as I work to stop the pop-out. Thanks for your insights!

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
pop out will make the backswing go outside of the ball and thus you won't get fully in from the ball and end up with an out to in move in most cases. Using the twistaway you will have a square enough face and with an out/in swing you will pull it.

pop out will make the backswing go outside of the ball and thus you won't get fully in from the ball and end up with an out to in move in most cases. Using the twistaway you will have a square enough face and with an out/in swing you will pull it.

Thanks for the explanation!

Status
Not open for further replies.