NSA question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched the web version of NSA. Very informative video. The information was eye-opening, and best of all presented in an easy to understand manner.

Last evening after watching the first half of the video (stopped at "lagging the sweetspot") I headed to the range. Focus of my range session was 2 things:

1) Manzella neutral grip - weaker right hand grip than I previously employed (I play left handed)

2) Twistaway - Completely different feel on my backswing. Previously the toe of my club pointed up to the sky when the shaft was paralle to the ground. Focusing and twisting my right wrist and extending/bending my left wrist

Immediately my ball striking improved. More consistent trajectory and dead straight ball flight. I was happy.

After my range session I watched the rest of the video. More good info.

I just have a question for clarification. If my ball striking remains solid (as it was last night) should I continue to try to implement the other recommendations on the video? Do I continue until I hit big hooks, then focus on "hitting the box"?

Thanks
Jay

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Great Question....

The way I structured "Never Slice Again 2.0," if a golfer started hitting it the way they wanted to by step 2 or 3 (out of 10), then they could "get off the bus" right there.

But, if a golfer went through all ten steps, he might STILL be hitting ot where he was lookin'.

Of course, at the end of the video, I "temper" some of the movements in the video designed to rid you of slice and hack producing stuff that was present in your swing. This tempering, would produce a pattern that was very orthodox.

Glad you liked it!

The way I structured "Never Slice Again 2.0," if a golfer started hitting it the way they wanted to by step 2 or 3 (out of 10), then they could "get off the bus" right there.

But, if a golfer went through all ten steps, he might STILL be hitting ot where he was lookin'.

Of course, at the end of the video, I "temper" some of the movements in the video designed to rid you of slice and hack producing stuff that was present in your swing. This tempering, would produce a pattern that was very orthodox.

Glad you liked it!

Thanks for the response Brian. So if I understand you correctly I can now focus on the end of the video, I believe you call it "pattern review"? Please correct me if this isn't the case.

Unfortunately I don't have access to video equipment, but I am thinking Confessions of a Former Flipper is the next step in my learning process, as I think you recommended this order to me previously. Do you have any concerns with this plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.