Ochoa wants sex in the city?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was funny, and a bit cocky! LO-CHO stay humble!

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-lpgachampionship&prov=ap&type=lgns

Her work for the day over and her name atop the leaderboard at another major championship, Lorena Ochoa grabbed some lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon at the movies.

“Maybe I’ll see ‘Sex in the City,”’ Ochoa said Friday. “I’ve never seen that show, and everybody is like, ‘You have to see it, you have to see it.’ So maybe I’ll do the movie so I’ll be done with it.

“Sometimes I don’t understand the English, so I miss a lot of jokes,” she said. “But that’s OK.”

She made it sound like a typical summer day—play some golf in the morning, have lunch, go to a movie. And that’s about how it felt Friday at the McDonald’s LPGA Championship. It sure didn’t feel like work.

Ochoa rarely has felt this at ease between the ropes, missing only one fairway and one green, rolling in just enough putts for a 7-under 65 that gave her a one-shot lead over Lindsey Wright.
ADVERTISEMENT

It was her best score by three shots at the LPGA Championship. It matched her best score of the year.

And for the third straight time in a major, Ochoa had at least a share of the 36-hole lead. She won the other two with ease, and now goes into the weekend at Bulle Rock trying to become only the fourth woman to win three straight majors.

“It was very easy. I did enjoy it a lot,” Ochoa said. “I’m going to try to do two more rounds like that—stress free. It could have been one of those days I could have shoot 10 or 11 under. I’m glad I hit my driver good. I think for a major, it’s always important to hit your driver good. And hopefully, I continue the same for the next couple days.”

Ochoa was at 10-under 134, the lowest 36-hole score in the four years the LPGA Championship has been at Bulle Rock.

She called it her “best round in the season,” and it put her in a familiar spot.

“I think it’s just good to be in the lead … because my name means something, you know?” she said. “In a way, that’s what I’m trying to do—to put pressure on other players and to let them know that you want to win.”

I like it all up until "my name means something." She shoulda been more discreet with her Mike Strategy. I like her though.

Status
Not open for further replies.