Odd fix yields curiously favorable result

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had another bout with the shanks. I do NOT want to start a thread on curing shanks, but I will tell why I shanked and how my list ditch effort after two hours at the range fixed them.

I was shanking because I had my weight on my heels at address and on the balls of my feet at impact. I was making a huge ballward move and thus getting closer to the ball at impact than at address.

So I did the opposite. I purposely addressed the ball with my weight so far on my toes that you could slide a playing card under my heels. Then, simultaneously with beginning my backswing, I shifted my weight toward my heels and concentrated on leaving a whallop of a divot AFTER the ball whilst leaving my weight on my heels.

Curiously, I was hitting pretty neat push draws. I was hitting humongous 185 yard sling shots with my 5 iron. Not sure they were accurate, but they were cool flights.

Obviously, this is not suggested as permanent weight balance procedure. It is a short term fix for me so I do not embarrass myself by hoseling balls at 45 degree angles.

But this fix seemed to achieve something. Any theories?

Status
Not open for further replies.