Off Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

Just wanted to share something with all of you!

For the past 2 years of my life something hasn't felt right. Just going into Wal-Mart was a struggle . Would always feel anxiety and almost like i was going to pass out. Even driving my car my head would be clouded with thoughts and a feeling like i couldn't focus on what was in front of me.

Every morning I would wake up and most of my body would just feel worn out and im only 34. I would search the internet every other day with all of my new symptoms trying to find what was wrong with me. My wife started to call me a hypochondriac lol. Anyways 2 weeks ago I found this video Signs and Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency - YouTube

I tried the pills from GNC and the made me feel a little weird so i ordered some spray. I wake up every morning and spray it all over my body and rub it in. The past 2 weeks have been life changing ! I wake up with energy and no longer any body fatigue! Maybe i was depressed and this cured it Im really not sure.. I do know i feel 10 years younger and my anxiety is completely gone!

I could go in WALMART right now and do cartwheels down the aisles haha:cool:

The key is really to eat healthy food.

Mostly organic and grass fed animals.

The junk that you buy everyday at Ralphs and Albertson will make your body weak.

Corn is the worst thing you can have, but it's in many of our daily congestion thanks to Corporate America.

You should really try Paleo diet, and don't go to Walmart again...

hp12c

New
Be careful what you intake and the amount (supplements and vitamins) did you get checked out by a doctor and he said u were deficient in magnesium? self diagnosis and then taking something is dangerous, could be the old sugar pill phenomena.

ZAP

New
I second the vote for getting some blood work done. Don't get me wrong I am all for anything that makes a person feel better. Just be sure you are treating the right thing and not putting a band-aid on a severed artery.

In the meantime enjoy your newfound energy and vitality!

In the case of magnesium, a standard blood test is virtually useless in determining the levels of Mg in the body. A mere 1% of Mg resides in
the bloodstream.

Poker, did those "magnesium" pills happen to look like this? :)

images

coach

New
Hey those are the vitamin's my girlfriend gives me.....they work great feel like a an 18 year old on prom night

Magnesium is a big deal. Magnesium is required for release/ uptake of serotonin in brain cells. Anything/ all that relates to optimizing ones hormone environment is something that should be taken seriously by all athletes/ golfers.

A diet rich in vegetables, nuts, and seeds should get it done. I have also been taking ZMA for years, for which magnesium is a main component.

Good info Richard!
i cant say enough how much different i feel! It is night and day difference!
This stuff is the cure to Anxiety and Depression im convinced!

In the case of magnesium, a standard blood test is virtually useless in determining the levels of Mg in the body. A mere 1% of Mg resides in
the bloodstream.

True, serum magnesium levels are not an accurate measure of what's inside your body's cells, but you can use it as a valuable indicator that if serum is low, then intracellular levels are guaranteed to be low.

Ideally, your doctor would request an Exatest (Intracellular Electrolyte Levels) for you so you know the magneisum content inside your cells along with the other influencing electrolytes. Magnesium Test: Intracellular Analysis for Heart Disease, A Fib, Arrhythmia, Stroke: EXA Test

Poker

I'm assuming you are speaking about Magnesium oil? It's funny, I was looking into this last week, and was thinking about giving it a shot. I suffer from a lot of the symptoms that low mag can be attributed to.

Panic disorder is a more common condition than we think because many people are in the closet about it-especially dudes. We aint supposed to freak...But it can be organic or the manifestation of some underlying psychological issue. No matter the cause Magnesium often helps; it produces naturally what many of the SSRIs (not to be confused with SRIs)are prescribed for. Already noted above.

Burner

New
Is there a generic age range when magnesium levels begin to fall?

Yuppers. Its about the same time your Doctor starts prescribing these
images
and thats roughly the same time your girlfriend buys you exotic blue vitamin tablets.
Pokerlife would have said but his tongue is as stiff as his pool cue just now!

Yuppers. Its about the same time your Doctor starts prescribing these
images
and thats roughly the same time your girlfriend buys you exotic blue vitamin tablets.
Pokerlife would have said but his tongue is as stiff as his pool cue just now!

Lol not sure i agree! Im only 34 and i dont drink or smoke. They say 75% of people are deficient because of todays soil not being as rich as it used to be.. Hey Jermey pool game is A- right now. Hard to commit to it full time right now with poker and golf taking so much time.
Good thing is i can practice for 2 weeks solid 8 hours a day and be back in top form . Been a gambler my whole life and starting to look for something to study in school and find something i would like to do. Not much money in pool unless your top 3 in the world

MAGNESIUM
Adequate intracellular magnesium is essential to normal tissue and organ function. Next to potassium it is the most abundant cation in cells and tissues. Measurement of intracellular levels with the EXA test is vital to maintain and treat many medical syndromes. Serum levels, RBCs and lymphocytes do not adequately reflect cell or tissue levels of magnesium. Magnesium modulates tissue transport of calcium and potassium ions and participates in hundreds of enzyme systems including formation of high-energy compounds such as ATP. All physiological activity, secretion, bone formation, cardiac and neuromuscular activity is affected by magnesium in tissues. Optimal tissue levels of magnesium prevent cardiac irregularities and tend to maintain lower blood pressure. Magnesium concentrations in optimal ranges indicate possible lowered risk factor for hypertension, angina, arrhythmias, and vascular spasm.

LOW MAGNESIUM
Determination of low tissue magnesium using the EXA test is vital to the objective treatment of depleted patients. Magnesium loss affects normal tissue and organ function while modulating transport of potassium, calcium, and phosphorus within tissues. Causative factors of Mg deficiency include diabetes, use of diuretics and digitalis, excessive stress, exercise, malabsorption, poor diet, alcoholism, and heavy metal poisoning. LOW magnesium has been associated with EKG and cardiac abnormalities, fibrillation, vascular and muscle spasms. Correlations with migraine headaches, asthma, eclampsia, PMS, and chronic fatigue syndrome are abundant in the medical literature. Low magnesium is seen in cardiac failure and prolonged QT syndrome. Neurological disorders, panic attacks and nerve irritability have been associated with low tissue magnesium levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.