One drill or concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian,
If you could only give all golfers one key drill or concept and then leave them to figure everything else out on their own, what would you tell/show them?

quote:Originally posted by mgjordan

Brian,
If you could only give all golfers one key drill or concept and then leave them to figure everything else out on their own, what would you tell/show them?

I'll guess it involves "seeing the wedding ring"

ej20

New
I can't speak for Brian and others but for me the most difficult concept has been lag and sustaining it.It IS the secret to golf.I can figure out other areas of my swing through trial and error but without TGM,Brian and other knowledgeable posters on this forum,it would be difficult to improve this crucial area of the swing.

Lag has been talked about but never in the detail that TGM explains it.

I'll use my imagination with the 3-ball drill. I guess you line up three balls in a row and try to hit all three front to back? Sounds exciting, but dangerous!

According to Mr. Kelley it is the magic of the right forearm or more precisely
"The Right Forearm tracing down the Delivery Line."

DDL

New
Here is a description from a year ago:

"Posted - 10/27/2004 : 23:02:33
Line three balls up in a row, 90degrees to the target line a few inches apart.

Hit the middle ball.

See where the divot is.

It should be in front of the 'line' of the other two balls.

If it is, make sure the ball is no further back than the middle and your head is no further FORWARD than the middle of your stance.

Report back here for further instructions."

Well no one reported back for further instructions.

Brian

Well besides the wedding ring maybe you can show the 3 ball drill at the school. Can't wait to get there.

Dave

EdZ

New
For that average person, yep I'd agree that FULL ROLL is perhaps one of the single most critical things to 'get'. DOWNPLANE being the next step.

But anyone who actually starts and finishes in total balance will be playing well ;)

As for 1 'drill'

"wedges.... we don't need no stinkin wedges" [8D]

hmmmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.