Opinions on Putters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ritchie3jack touched on a major issue for weekend/club golfers, we read greens so poorly. I'd bet that as many (if not more) putts are missed through misreads as poor strokes at this level.

Green Reading is a major issue for + handicaps amateurs and tour pros. Give me a great green reader, who has a very consistent touch and decent enough aim with a pretty lousy stroke over the guy who is an average green reader, more inconsistent with their touch, decent aim and a great putting stroke any day.

I don't know about other people, but I'm very confident in my putting but there's a difference between being confident in one's putting and being in the 'zone.' I can be confident every single time I'm putting, but being in the 'zone' is a lot more elusive. However, when I'm in the zone I can really see the line of the putts when I'm reading the putt. When I'm playing a regular round, seeing the line doesn't come nearly as easily.

I do believe it's important to have the right attitude with putting. Very important. But there's a lot more to it than just being confident. If that was the case I'd be an amazing putter.

3JACK

3JACK

Status
Not open for further replies.