Other sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my first and last post regarding other sites. Periodically I will go to Golf tuition or some other site and frankly, they are lame, infrequently visited, and usually a source of extremely poor advice which the unsuspecting novice will take to heart.
Shame on you who post on these sites as you are only fostering more misinformation and leading folks down a path of frustration and error.
Be careful who you listen to out there, don't just take someone's advice on another web site just because its there, take time to evaluate what they are saying and check it out.
To you Brian, EDZ, and the rest on this site, thanks
I for one appreciate what you are doing even though I am not a proponent of TGM, its a matter of opinion but my 2 handicap says it all for me. Who at TGM would like to challenge a nonbeliever?
Either way, thanks.

Semipro,
That is why Homer's book is so valuable. You can ignore the subjective mis-information and replace it with geometry.

Brian will love this one.
TGC Tuesday night the instructor (didn't catch his name) was noting how important it was to have a cup in your wrist at the top of the swing. Something about increasing swing speed and reducing wrist injury.

holenone

Banned
quote:Originally posted by mb6606

Semipro,
That is why Homer's book is so valuable. You can ignore the subjective mis-information and replace it with geometry.

Brian will love this one.
TGC Tuesday night the instructor (didn't catch his name) was noting how important it was to have a cup in your wrist at the top of the swing. Something about increasing swing speed and reducing wrist injury.

I saw that one. He also talked about the right elbow position at the top using marked-up photos of Tiger and Jack Nicklaus. Something aabout being in line with the spine angle. I think he was saying that Tiger's was not as good as Jack's. Or something.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
What a goofy comment...

The elbow position at the top differs from golfer to golfer becuase the ELBOW POSITION (Basic Stroke) differs at the bottom.

!

holenone

Banned
quote:Originally posted by brianman

What a goofy comment...

The elbow position at the top differs from golfer to golfer becuase the ELBOW POSITION (Basic Stroke) differs at the bottom.

!

Does this mean the elbow should be more 'out' at the top if it is at the side at the bottom? And more 'in' if it is in front of the body? Is this the 'waiter' position?

matt

New
Right Elbow position at the Top/End depends on the angle of the right wrist bend established at Impact Fix.

Thanks Brian for your comments.
As to the elbows, I prefer to begin the transition down from a "waiter's tray" position but I like to feel as if I am pointing the butt end of the club down the line in front of the ball to the target. This seems to set my elbows where they need to be. If I don't hold on long enough with the lag I achieve, I hit left; holding on too long with extreme lag, I may hit to the right. Timing and practice allows me to know when to release which has become instinctual by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.