Over Acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you diagnose this, what would be the tell tale signs that one of your students had this? What kind of synchronization issues would tip you off?

quote:Originally posted by corky05

How would you diagnose this, what would be the tell tale signs that one of your students had this? What kind of synchronization issues would tip you off?

I would define over-acceleration as a corollary of clubhead throwaway. If you find yourself swinging fast, even when you don't want to, then you are experiencing clubhead throwaway (overacceleration) and a loss of lag pressure points.

You need to be able to execute the stroke pattern at 1/4, 1/2 and full speed with equal fluidity and constant acceleration.

Ask the student to execute the full shot at various speeds. In my first few lessons my AI asked me to execute a 15yrd chip shot without allowing the clubhead to pass my hands at follow-through. I couldn't do it. I would always get a little bit of rebound as my club tried to pass my hands and jerked back.

This, he said was a symptom of 'adding effort' in the swing. Same thing as over-acceleration.

rwh

New
quote:Originally posted by Turfspanker

Lagster,

Can you give us a definition of Rhythm?

Rhythm is the different parts of a rotating object travelling at the same rate (RPM) but at different speeds (MPH). For example, take two points along the spoke of a rotating wheel. Because it has to travel farther, the point closest to the rim of the wheel is going to be travelling at a greater surface speed (MPH) than the point closer to the hub. However, they both take the exact same amount of time to make one complete revolution.

In terms of your G.O.L.F. swing, Rhythm refers to the Clubshaft and Left Forearm maintaining an "in-line" condition during the #3 Accumulator roll no matter which hinge action is being executed.

Although not given the status of an Imperative, Rhythm is considered an Essential to a precision golf stroke.

DDL

New
G'morning Zellites:

Corky. If I feel like I am swinging the clubhead and not pressure points or the hands, then I am overaccelerating

rwh:

By "in line " condition, I take that to mean the #3 accumulator angle at address or impact fix, not actually a straight line.

The turning rate of the pivot components (shoulder turn etc.) should be in sync with the #3 accumulator roll. 6-B-3-O I think DDL and rwh both make good points concerning Rhythm.

Status
Not open for further replies.