Overly dominant left arm

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I don't pay attention to it, it drags everything through from the top. I tend toward a strong grip because I struggle to get the right hand over the left. Sometimes I'll just say "forget it", grip it super strong, let my right side stay asleep, and push it back and drag it through with the left. Thing is that this costs me speed, and it isn't very effective with the longer clubs. On top of that, it leads to me being crazy upright and usually over plane.

If I don't pay attention to it, it drags everything through from the top. I tend toward a strong grip because I struggle to get the right hand over the left. Sometimes I'll just say "forget it", grip it super strong, let my right side stay asleep, and push it back and drag it through with the left. Thing is that this costs me speed, and it isn't very effective with the longer clubs. On top of that, it leads to me being crazy upright and usually over plane.

Sounds like over tugging the left arm. I'm no expert, but I hear Kevin Shields is. Shaking the sugar might help. Helps me sometimes.

hp12c

New

We have two arms and two hands but one side will be dominant build the less dominate one up but dont leave out the dominant side. I would suggest to chip with the right hand only and would also suggest if you have an aligment rod use it to give you some shaft lean. Hold the aligment rod on the grip and make sure the rod stick out about 16 inches above the grip and chip rght hand only, dont let the rod smack you on the left side, you will get over time some nice crisp contac and more distance once the action creeps into your full swing.

Thx for the info so far guys.

@ hp12c I'll give the right handed drill a go. I can't usually hit the ball one-handed with my right hand to save my life, so I probably need to pay attention to that...

@ Kevin I'll try that. Would allowing a little more slack at the top have a similar effect (giving the left arm less to pull against)?

hp12c

New
hp12c I'll give the right handed drill a go. I can't usually hit the ball one-handed with my right hand to save my life, so I probably need to pay attention to that...

Cool deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.