Paul Hart's (GSED) Analysis of CGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Brian,

Fisrtly, thanks for such a great and informative forum. I'm an American living in Thailand with little contact with Americans. So, love the attitude and the info.....you and your guys are HOT!! (In a golf way):)

My question is have you seen the analysis of Peter Croker's method by Paul Hart, GSED? If you have can you tell me/us what you think?

Thanks again,
spike

CGS description

Four Barrels - perhaps you could give an evaluation? Do you also have a preferred pattern and if so, can you describe it?

four barrels said:
Plane line too far right acc #2 empty too early, hands dont move the pivot from a physical sense at start up, flying wedges incorrectly assembled, sequenced release out of sequence, switting, faulty hip action.

GENERALLY
Preffered pattern: most folks - random three barrel release
those that want to do the work - four barrel max. paticipation

Anyone else - whatever produces the imperitives.

This is interesting. My neighbour jpeck is getting into the croker stuff and started a thread asking about it. I am sure he would also like to hear a 'why' and a fix. Good of you to post your professional opinion four barrels.

Ozgolfer said:
But there is enough division within TGM without adding to it in Australia.

Yep...that is one of the major problems I can have with this site and a couple of others.

TGM teachers attacking each other does nothing for anyone, all it does is drive away people who potentially may be interested in TGM.

Call it how you see it...

Relax, Four Barrel's call is his opinion - however, FB's what is the error in:

(1) the assembly of the flying wedges?
(2) the sequence is uncock and roll (swinging) or is it?
(3) hip action?

Your preferred pattern description is a cursory tip, care to elaborate?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Toolish said:
Yep...that is one of the major problems I can have with this site and a couple of others.

TGM teachers attacking each other does nothing for anyone, all it does is drive away people who potentially may be interested in TGM.

Hey Tool,

What you get here is the TRUTH, or at least HONEST answers from someone's point of view.

TGM is a SYSTEM that explains all methods, not a how to book.

As long as someone doesn't claim to have invented TGM, so to speak, they'll have little problem with me.

Last edited:

Brian Manzella

Administrator
and BTFW...

Peter Croker is meeting with me on Sunday, I will post a VERY HONEST review after he meets with me.

I really don't know enough to post anything as of now.

Last edited:
four barrels said:
Plane line too far right acc #2 empty too early, hands dont move the pivot from a physical sense at start up, flying wedges incorrectly assembled, sequenced release out of sequence, switting, faulty hip action.

GENERALLY
Preffered pattern: most folks - random three barrel release
those that want to do the work - four barrel max. paticipation

Anyone else - whatever produces the imperitives.

four barrels, do you teach the "maximum participation" pattern to everyone, or only those who are "capable"? If the latter, how do you determine whether someone is capable? Is David Toms capable?

Why is his Accumulator #2 release to early? Do you think anything before a Snap is too early?
Why is Croker's Flying Wedges incorrectly assembled?
Why is his sequenced release out of sequence?
Why is his hip action faulty?

Any progress on pattern analysis?

How did the meeting with Peter Croker go - what is the evaluation on his pattern now that you have met face to face and had a chance to talk it through?

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
tongzilla said:
four barrels, do you teach the "maximum participation" pattern to everyone, or only those who are "capable"? If the latter, how do you determine whether someone is capable? Is David Toms capable?

Why is his Accumulator #2 release to early? Do you think anything before a Snap is too early?
Why is Croker's Flying Wedges incorrectly assembled?
Why is his sequenced release out of sequence?
Why is his hip action faulty?

Sorry Leo,
due to the patriotic bias of some of the australian bandwagon fad jumpers that visit this site I will refrain to comment on this one. Private message me and I will kindly elaborate my comments.

Stl.

four barrels said:
Sorry Leo,
due to the patriotic bias of some of the australian bandwagon fad jumpers that visit this site I will refrain to comment on this one. Private message me and I will kindly elaborate my comments.

Stl.

Dear four barrels,

As stated above I have a clear association with Peter Croker and with Paul Hart. I can assure you that I have taken no offence or defence to your observations you mentioned.

As a teacher of this great game and fabulous motion I KNOW that I can never stop learning. Your input is of great value to me as are those coming from this forum.

The discussions here have taught me how to use different words, how to see things a bit differently and has helped me to understand my existing knowledge to better serve my students.

That being said, I would most certainly welcome your explanations to Tongzilla's questions.

Sincerely,
Mike Collier (spike)
Big Time Aussie Fan!

hg

New
four barrels said:
Sorry Leo,

Stl.

Wow...and I thought Aussie's were tough guys...not easily intimitated...oh well... don't want to hurt anyone's feelings! I just thought we were here to learn from each other.

hg said:
Wow...and I thought Aussie's were tough guys...not easily intimitated...oh well... don't want to hurt anyone's feelings! I just thought we were here to learn from each other.

I don't suggest learning the golf swing unless your teacher has a very good one. I don't see that in Peter Croaker's video.

So many instructor's talk a good game, but can they demonstrate? Ask your teacher to hit a bucket full of straight/powerful golf shots. Can he? If not, why are you taking lessons from him (her)?

The point is to hit golf shots at a high level, right?

Statistics of a GSEM Instructor

David Alford said:
I don't suggest learning the golf swing unless your teacher has a very good one. I don't see that in Peter Croaker's video.

So many instructor's talk a good game, but can they demonstrate? Ask your teacher to hit a bucket full of straight/powerful golf shots. Can he? If not, why are you taking lessons from him (her)?

Dear David,

I certainly appreciate any and all constructive critism so please analyse my swing on this YouTube video clip -

The club I used here in this shot was an 8 iron and it landed approximately within 10 foot of my target.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N_TWUMRpoM#GU5U2spHI_4

My swing is certainly not perfect, but I do hit on average 13 plus fairways a round and 12 plus greens in regulation when I get to play.
My average distance off the tee is aroung 270 plus yards these days. My best score in a PGA Tour Event was a 62 in the New Zealand PGA back in the 1970's. I still have several Course Records in place and have had 6 hole-in-ones- the latest on Hole #7 at Triump National in Bedminster, NJ, following my visit with Brian in Louisville
These days I am certainly more into helping golfers build their own best swing based on TGM Principles and the major 9 alignments of an uncompensating golf swing.
I would hope this would qualify me to instruct most golfers, including such as Vijay Singh, Arnold Palmer, Curtis Strange to name a few who have played well following lessons with me.
Perhaps I could help you reach another level too.

Kind Regards,
Peter Croker

Last edited:
four barrels said:
This post was not an attack meerly a review.

Would you like me to make only positive coments, or what I see? isnt that what the forum is all about?

I have said nothing bad against any instructor (AI or non AI).

You are all like women asking their husbands if they look fat in a dress.

Most husbands do look fat in a dress.

David Alford said:

Geez, poor Harvey Penick....just couldn't get anything right.

David Alford

Peter Croker said:
Dear David,

I certainly appreciate any and all constructive critism so please analyse my swing on this YouTube video clip -

The club I used here in this shot was an 8 iron and it landed approximately within 10 foot of my target.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N_TWUMRpoM#GU5U2spHI_4

My swing is certainly not perfect, but I do hit on average 13 plus fairways a round and 12 plus greens in regulation when I get to play.
My average distance off the tee is aroung 270 plus yards these days. My best score in a PGA Tour Event was a 62 in the New Zealand PGA back in the 1970's. I still have several Course Records in place and have had 6 hole-in-ones- the latest on Hole #7 at Triump National in Bedminster, NJ, following my visit with Brian in Louisville
These days I am certainly more into helping golfers build their own best swing based on TGM Principles and the major 9 alignments of an uncompensating golf swing.
I would hope this would qualify me to instruct most golfers, including such as Vijay Singh, Arnold Palmer, Curtis Strange to name a few who have played well following lessons with me.
Perhaps I could help you reach another level too.

Kind Regards,
Peter Croker

Just curious why we haven't heard from you?

Status
Not open for further replies.