PGA CHAMPIONSHIP 2009 Hazeltine, MN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for tips and tricks going to a tour event/major. Do they allow cameras or they axed? Would like to go to a practice round session or would my time be better served elsewhere? Are practice rounds even worth going?
Also anyone thought of going to the PGA?

Yeah its months away but want to get tickets at a decent price.

Will try and bring the laptop to give updates to any fantasy golfers out there. 2+ hr drive, don't care, I'm pumped!

All thoughts welcome!

Thanks!
JeffS

Cameras are allowed for practice rounds----I took TONS of photos at the 3 Masters practice rounds I have attended. Cell phones never allowed. And I went to the entire week of the PGA Championship in 1992 at Bellerive. The practice rounds are much more fun---can take pictures, the players are relaxed and having fun, very casual. If you can only go to one round I would suggest going to a practice round.

DCG-

Thanks for the information, I was leaning towards the Wednesday practice round and Thursday. But had no idea what goes on.
Thanks again!
JeffS

I was at Whistling Straights when VJ won.

The practice rounds and driving range watching might have been the best, post memorable parts.

We ended up spending lots of time parked on 18 waiting for the finish too. I thought doing so was probably overrated and in my opinion it turned out to be.

I don't care if there is a ruckus to have to deal with...next time I am gonna be where the action is- following a top group.

Or A group.

The Ruckus has got to be part of the fun anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.