PGA Tour Release Types

Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture of one tour player shows why he is one of the shortest hitters on tour. Both legs look straight with very little hip turn.

TPG

New
is the left arm action done consciously to help move lowpoint forward or is it the result of other actions: "All players find a way to have the bottom of the swing arc be well in front of the ball. Most popular is to allow the left arm to straighten at and after impact. 76 of 95 players studied showed some left arm bend prior to impact and most show straightening through impact. " ??

"two of this year’s majors were won by flippers" - wow !?

Not bad. I like that he's giving the release and clubface control specific attention. Good collection of pictures.

Not sure on some of his terms and opinions with 'timing', etc. but I just skimmed it. May read more later.

The picture of one tour player shows why he is one of the shortest hitters on tour. Both legs look straight with very little hip turn.

Yup...narrow stance...not very open or tilted...not clear on AOA but safe to say not hitting up a lot.

Haven't payed real close attention to him.....but.....he does not look long in this photo, anyway...

dbl

New
From this guy's analysis...and looking at the Drive Holders at impact, I can see they have their hands usually forward of their crotch, but the Pro Flippers have the hands even with their zipper - presuambly so they can get the clubhead past those hands.

Would Pro flippers perhaps have slower swing speed and they think they might get a little oomph from the flip?

He's got Singh in the underflip category but that doesn't seem right...seems to me the clubhead passes the hands pretty late (after impact).

Rickey Barnes, Pampling and Wittenberg stand out as having unusual actions.

Oh well, it was a bunch of pics and one guy's stab at trying to categorize things from the pics near impact.

ej20

New
Is it a flip if the clubhead passes the hands just after impact but the left wrist remains flat or even bowed?It is possible.A lot of players in that article does this.

Status
Not open for further replies.