Ping N flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone here use this fitting system?
how does it compare with tman from a fitting perspective?
does it give any club/path data or just ballflight?

westy

New
nflight

Its a program that works with Trackhuman and fightscrap and even a vector lunch monitor from back in the dark ages.
It feeds on the data and regurgitates PING specs and set makeup.

Have any of you been through this fitting? Was it worth it? Thinking that I may get fitted via nFLIGHT.

Thank You,

Steve

I went through a Ping Iron Fitting before Christmas. This was in Knoxville. Fitter has many years experience and at some point was Ping's Fitter of the year. They did not have trackman. They had n-Flight, but he didn't use it with me. We did do indoor launch monitor, but he was mainly focused on swing speed, length, lie, and shaft. These are my first set of Pings. For what it is worth, I was coming from Titleist CM735's, DGS300. These are blades up to the 7 iron where they change to cavity back.

I told him I was only interested in the S56's, due to the very high ball flight I have experienced with Ping demo irons.

So did go out to the range and experiment with different shafts and different lengths. Ended up with S56's, 1 inch over, 3 up (white dot), and the Ping AWT shaft Stiff. Also got three tour wedges 50, 55, and 60. On these he went on dot flatter, yellow dot. He ordered the irons one degree strong for 4 - Wedge due to my high ball flight. 1 inch over 3 up sounds like a lot, but Ping standard is 1/4 shorter than Titleist and 1 degree flatter than the Titleist's I was using.

I have played maybe 6 rounds with them and to say I am impressed is an understatement. The 6, 5, 4, irons are easier to hit high as compared to my previous set. That's the premise of the AWT shaft and the variable weighting of the heads. Can't wait for season to actually start.

Oh, and in addition Ping's response time was really impressive. I had the clubs on my door step in Tennessee in 6 days.

Last edited:
Guys, thank you for your feed back.

The nFLIGHT fitting I am contemplating will be an outdoor fitting with a flightscope. I plan on getting fittted for woods and irons and wedges.

My primary concern is that I will be using range balls instead of the bridgestone 330s I use in the course.

I think the results of the fitting would not be optimal with a range ball.

Am I wrong?

I am paying for the fitting. I just want to ensure I get the most out of it I can.

Thank you,

Steve

The nFLIGHT fitting I am contemplating will be an outdoor fitting with a flightscope. I plan on getting fittted for woods and irons and wedges.

My primary concern is that I will be using range balls instead of the bridgestone 330s I use in the course.

I think the results of the fitting would not be optimal with a range ball.

Am I wrong?
No

A couple more options for outdoor fittings with real balls...

The Golf Doctor in Woodstock has a Trackman and will use the ball you play with.

A forum member here, Tom Lossinger, is the head of instruction over at Bridgemill in Canton. He has a Trackman.

I'm in Cartersville and do Cleveland fittings with Srixon balls on a Flightscope X2.

Status
Not open for further replies.