Ping nFlight fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ping has an adjustable driver coming down the pipe... something to keep in mind. :)

ping%252520anser%252520adjustable%252520driver%25255B4%25255D.png

Has anyone had it done. Comments?

Drew

I do them all the time. A really great way to be fitted for Ping clubs.

2 caveats:
a) works best with TM or Flightscope versus the many other supported launch monitors.
b) The fitter has to know when to "disagree" with nFlight's recommendations.

I do them all the time. A really great way to be fitted for Ping clubs.

2 caveats:
a) works best with TM or Flightscope versus the many other supported launch monitors.
b) The fitter has to know when to "disagree" with nFlight's recommendations.

Thanks Gary. They have a TM. I am going Thursday and will let you know what happens.

D

A good experience. G20 irons, one inch oversize, senior flex (left the ego at the door), white Ping grips (had used yellow previously but whites made it easier to get the butt under the heel pad). Hit seven iron only. Average distance over 5 hits increased by about 15%.

Fitter initially went with the computers recommendation but he tweaked it a bit and came up with something that had a much better (higher) ball flight.

The whole process made the traditional "club pro down at the range eyeballing things and also giving you a lesson at the same time" seem primitive. The consistency of the numbers with old and new clubs was astonishing. No matter what I did I could not make the old club go longer. But with the new configuration the extra distance was effortless and repeatable.

A great selling tool for Ping. There is no guessing. The numbers are right in front you. So you put down the card with confidence that you have made the right decision.

Had a good guy fitting. Understood D Plane, path, face and taught with Trackman. It was nice talking the same language and not have someone looking at you like you have arrived from another planet.

Good for Ping? Sure I am now saving up for a wood fitting.

drew

Last edited:

hp12c

New
A good experience. G20 irons, one inch oversize, senior flex (left the ego at the door), white Ping grips (had used yellow previously but whites made it easier to get the butt under the heel pad). Hit seven iron only. Average distance over 5 hits increased by about 15%.

Fitter initially went with the computers recommendation but he tweaked it a bit and came up with something that had a much better (higher) ball flight.

The whole process made the traditional "club pro down at the range eyeballing things and also giving you a lesson at the same time" seem primitive. The consistency of the numbers with old and new clubs was astonishing. No matter what I did I could not make the old club go longer. But with the new configuration the extra distance was effortless and repeatable.

A great selling tool for Ping. There is no guessing. The numbers are right in front you. So you put down the card with confidence that you have made the right decision.

Had a good guy fitting. Understood D Plane, path, face and taught with Trackman. It was nice talking the same language and not have someone looking at you like you have arrived from another planet.

Good for Ping? Sure I am now saving up for a wood fitting.

drew

Nice Drew!

Status
Not open for further replies.