Pitching strategies: 60 degree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past few months I have been using only a 56 degree ping eye 2 sand wedge for pitching. At my lesson with Brian a few weeks ago he taught me a method for hitting a high soft lob that has made a huge difference, last time playing I got up and down 3 times with the shot. However I also had issues with the pitch from closely mown fringe or collection areas. I believe too much bounce on the wedge makes those shots doubly difficult and I invested in a 60 degree wedge with little bounce but a contoured sole. I now rely on sand wedge for rough, sixty degree for fairway or mown areas. Any other adjustments on the short high chip or pitch from mown collection areas that also work? My big miss is the thin shot from these lies, not the chunker.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
tight lie with a 60, how to pitch is what you're kinda asking right?

Easy shot: square faced, ball way up in stance, standard shot. Let the loft do it's job, even with your hands forward delofting a lot you'd be surprised how high it goes.

I've found giving short game lessons people try to be more creative than they need too. You'd be surprised how standard dandard pitching/chipping method works in 90% of situations.

Like Jim said, ball up in stance by left foot. If you keep your arms moving through impact and you maintain a flat left wrist, you can make a decent pitch off of a glass table. The ball will land on the green like a butterfly with sunburnt feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.