Pivot does all the works, no arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Ben's video Ben said many times that pivot does all the work, hands do the control. Does this really means no arms. I try using pivot only with very loose arms, it works. However in TGM with all things that you need to do: wrist throw for trigger, maximum trigger delay with shoulder down, roll and uncock left wrist etc.. It seems that you need to swing the arm down, and do all that. (Athough with loose arm and pivot only can still perform all) Which is the correct way to do? for swinger.
Thanks.

rwh

New
quote:Originally posted by ryantiff

In Ben's video Ben said many times that pivot does all the work, hands do the control. Does this really means no arms. I try using pivot only with very loose arms, it works. However in TGM with all things that you need to do: wrist throw for trigger, maximum trigger delay with shoulder down, roll and uncock left wrist etc.. It seems that you need to swing the arm down, and do all that. (Athough with loose arm and pivot only can still perform all) Which is the correct way to do? for swinger.
Thanks.

Ben is teaching a Swinging Procedure on the tape, which depends on Centrifugal Force to undo all of the angles. So, the body pivot drags the arms and club downplane "storing" the angles until the rotary motion throws everything out to the inside aft quadrant of the ball. Regarding the Swinging Procedure downstroke, Ben says "I swear I never move my arms". A Hitting Procedure is different -- it does employ a conscious use of the right arm during the downstroke.

The amount of active arms is a CHOICE, but at the minimum, the full left arm roll is an active effort for me. The pivot alone won't cut it.

bts

New
I guess:

In hitting, every part of the body does the work simultaneously in respond to the hands to "sustain the lag", including pivot, "power accumulators" and club.

In swinging, pivot supplies most of the power (in respond to the hands), which is then transferred to the club through the arms and hands.

I'll moniter the nerve activity and muscle activity to find out the control input and power output, respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.