Pivot Medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.
When your pivot feels out of whack, what drills or keys do you focus on to get back in rhythm?

I usually hit balls w/ my feet together to make sure I'm making a good turn.

Let's hear yours!

1) Do full slo-mo swings (i.e. say to myself I am going to hit this driver 150 yards, with a full swing) and gradually increase the speed to "normal"....

2) Raise the right heel from the top of the backswing....

3) Practice swings using a three-finger overlap...

4) Keep my right elbow behind my right hip for most of the downswing (stops OTT problems)...

Last edited:

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Start the club a few feet in front of the ball, use your body to bang the ground on the way back, full turn, finish....rest.

Start the club a few feet in front of the ball, use your body to bang the ground on the way back, full turn, finish....rest.

Some clarification please.

So in 'front of the ball' is 'target side'. Hit the ground presumably where the ball would be. Go to the top of the backswing with a full turn. Then down to finish. Rest.

Correct?

Towel drill. Bath towel folded in half, rolled up and punish something infront (just left) of your left foot. Love it and use it on about 75% of my lessons.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I'm not bright enough to put up a video. But if u have "Flipper" its just the 'wallop' Brian does with the towel against hios plane board. Just a real representative way to use your pivot to hit some thing with a flexible stick - like a golf club. The towel is so flexible that you just cant do anything while trying to move the tip end with your wrists.

ssssc

New
I'm not bright enough to put up a video. But if u have "Flipper" its just the 'wallop' Brian does with the towel against hios plane board. Just a real representative way to use your pivot to hit some thing with a flexible stick - like a golf club. The towel is so flexible that you just cant do anything while trying to move the tip end with your wrists.

thanks, kevin...

Well....I just went through a complete swing breakdown...

I didn't know what the F was going on...and I was playing very well at the time.

Struggled for 2 weeks....know what fixed it? The logo that Brian has for the player at impact. I worked on getting that look doing impact fixes and hitting every thing from a 5 iron to a PW 30, 50, and 80 yards. ......and my pivot completely changed....so did the path of my hands during the swing. I was positing up much much better of the left side and could just feel everything come together.

Hitting a 5iron 30 yards using the elements of a swing (vs. a chip or swat) is tough but, swinging down to that impact position will get the pivot working automatically if you hit the ball correctly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.