Plane Lines and Tracing Straight Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitar Hero

Anything meaningful in terms of learning or analyzing a human golf swing MUST INDEED TAKE INTO ACCOUNT WHERE THE FORCE IS APPLIED AND TO WHAT IT IS APPLIED: (Sweet Spot Balanced Motion and Path)

Only a fixed machine like Iron Byron can be set to stay on plane lines pointing at the base line and tracing a straight lines in every swing at full speed. I think this is where it all came from in the first place.

This video of Moe Norman is a perfect example of a 2-D video showing that the shaft planes and lines are BS. There is more going on than just a parallax. The only way to see what is really going on is with 3-D.

You also see that in this video that Moe even moves off the so called parallel shaft planes this instructor is talking about.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2FBoHmq_h8[/media]

When 3-D becomes available with a lower price tag it is going to change the way golf is taught and the shaft plane line drawers and tracers will be left in the dust. The cat will be out of the bag.

Anything meaningful in terms of learning or analyzing a human golf swing
MUST INDEED TAKE INTO ACCOUNT WHERE THE FORCE IS APPLIED AND TO WHAT IT IS APPLIED: (Sweet Spot Balanced Motion and Path)

Only a fixed machine like Iron Byron can be set to stay on plane lines pointing at the base line and tracing a straight lines in every swing at full speed. I think this is where it all came from in the first place.

This video of Moe Norman is a perfect example of a 2-D video showing that the shaft planes and lines are BS. There is more going on than just a parallax. The only way to see what is really going on is with 3-D.

You also see that in this video that Moe even moves off the so called parallel shaft planes this instructor is talking about.

So every world class instructor and world class player that have used 2D video and line drawing programs for the last 15 years having been wasting their time - That is BS and I don't but it. If you know where to place the camera and use a tripod it is a great learning tool.

Everyone that flogs the parallax and bad old 2D argument find some video shot from a funny angle with the camera moving around all over the place.. and say Oh look at these plane lines.... give me a break.. Yes there is some parallax but not enough to worry about for most people unless you are a world class golfer..

A simple piece of string on the ground showing you the plane line/path of your hands etc.. will allow you to set the camera up in the right place and the student and teacher can learn a lot.

In your 3D world Guitar Hero working with $100,000 3D systems and $30,000 trackman kits, you might be more accurate - AND YOUR RIGHT but..... Most of us teach in the real world and 2D is fine for us... I mean a freakin slice from a 20 handicapper is a slice. I use video for a marketing tool for my business but if you need it to teach and make a student improve then your not as good as you think you are.

TPI have a bigger budget than NASA (not quite but you get my point) have all this 3D technology and what have they come up with - what groundbreaking discoveries have they uncovered.... tell me

All your "all singing and all dancing" technology is also a marketing tool "look how expensive this equipment is" do you really need £100,000 worth of tech to fix a slice when harvey penick could do it sitting in a chair half blind at 80 years of age.:eek:

BTW your video of Moe Norman just shows someone who doesn't know what they are talking about with this 1 plane rubbish and parallel planes BS. Moe shifted planes, Brian has posted an analysis on this - No one can swing perfectly on 1 plane - but Moe came pretty close.

Last edited:

Guitar Hero

So every world class instructor and world class player that have used 2D video and line drawing programs for the last 15 years having been wasting their time - That is BS and I don't but it. If you know where to place the camera and use a tripod it is a great learning tool.

Yes it has ruined more swings than it has helped.

Everyone that flogs the parallax and bad old 2D argument find some video shot from a funny angle with the camera moving around all over the place.. and say Oh look at these plane lines.... give me a break.. Yes there is some parallax but not enough to worry about for most people unless you are a world class golfer..

There is more going on than just a parallax.

A simple piece of string on the ground showing you the plane line/path of your hands etc.. will allow you to set the camera up in the right place and the student and teacher can learn a lot.

There is more to it than just camera angles.

In your 3D world Guitar Hero working with $100,000 3D systems and $30,000 trackman kits, you might be more accurate - AND YOUR RIGHT but..... Most of us teach in the real world and 2D is fine for us... I mean a freakin slice from a 20 handicapper is a slice. I use video for a marketing tool for my business but if you need it to teach and make a student improve then your not as good as you think you are.

I taught over 10,000 lessons in the 2-D World. I now teach in the real 3-D world.

TPI have a bigger budget than NASA (not quite but you get my point) have all this 3D technology and what have they come up with - what groundbreaking discoveries have they uncovered.... tell me

TPI is a JOKE! The head man is a chiropractor. They think like many before them it has to do with fitness. Nothing could be further from the truth.

All your "all singing and all dancing" technology is also a marketing tool "look how expensive this equipment is" do you really need £100,000 worth of tech to fix a slice when harvey penick could do it sitting in a chair half blind at 80 years of age.:eek:

What I designed and patented to train the golf swing in 3-D would cost less than $150.

BTW your video of Moe Norman just shows someone who doesn't know what they are talking about with this 1 plane rubbish and parallel planes BS. Moe shifted planes, Brian has posted an analysis on this - No one can swing perfectly on 1 plane - but Moe came pretty close.

Moe was no closer to swinging on one plane than Many of the Tour Pros. But I am not talking about plane shifts. I am talking about Sweet Spot Balanced Motion and Path of the 3-D world.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Not here to argue but after watching the Norman video it is amazing to me how some people manipulate those lines to go with their chosen methodology.

taught over 10,000 lessons in the 2-D World. I now teach in the real 3-D world.

Surely John you don't think all those lessons were a waste of time..

TPI is a JOKE! The head man is a chiropractor. They think like many before them it has to do with fitness. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Completely agree, I baited the hook but you didn't bite -:D Dave Phillips should be strung up for having that technology at his disposal and doing nothing worthwhile with it. That's like inventing a time machine and going back and electing George W again!

What I designed and patented to train the golf swing in 3-D would cost less than $150.

Interesting!!

Moe was no closer to swinging on one plane than Many of the Tour Pros. But I am not talking about plane shifts. I am talking about Sweet Spot Balanced Motion and Path of the 3-D world.

Is this your "silver bullet" John :)

Not here to argue but after watching the Norman video it is amazing to me how some people manipulate those lines to go with their chosen methodology.

Exactly Kevin !!

Guitar Hero

Surely John you don't think all those lessons were a waste of time..

None of them were a waste of time. Every golfer has a chance with correct information.

Completely agree, I baited the hook but you didn't bite -:D Dave Phillips should be strung up for having that technology at his disposal and doing nothing worthwhile with it. That's like inventing a time machine and going back and electing George W again!

TPI is not fooling us!

Interesting!!

Is this your "silver bullet" John :)

Just ahead of the pack. Nothing wrong with that.

Exactly Kevin !!

I am always looking for better ways for the golfers to learn motor skills and research and test many ideas. I will also be very vocal about bogus information and I just cannot believe how many top instructors get away with it and most everybody in the golf business will not stand up to the BS. It is one big cover up and time to blow the lid off it. I know Brian is trying as well as many more.

Status
Not open for further replies.