Poor iron players

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you do for someone who is a decent driver of the ball and hybrid player (length/accuracy) but struggles with contact and direction with their irons?

What drills would you use to rebuild confidence in the scoring clubs?

My suggestion would be to get the "Confessions of a Former" Flipper video. Most likely there is a little flippin' goin on that you get away with with the Driver and hybrid.

What would you do for someone who is a decent driver of the ball and hybrid player (length/accuracy) but struggles with contact and direction with their irons?

What drills would you use to rebuild confidence in the scoring clubs?

The player you describe is most likely too underplane and needs some NHA concepts.

I think it's probably a case of swinging too far out to the right. The golfer probably shallows out their Attack Angle with the driver, or even hits up slighly with the driver, so the swinging out to the right helps zero out their path. But when they get an iron in their hands, the swinging out to the right moves the path out to the right a bit and can cause issues. NHA 2.0 sounds like a good idea.

3JACK

I think it's probably a case of swinging too far out to the right. The golfer probably shallows out their Attack Angle with the driver, or even hits up slighly with the driver, so the swinging out to the right helps zero out their path. But when they get an iron in their hands, the swinging out to the right moves the path out to the right a bit and can cause issues. NHA 2.0 sounds like a good idea.

3JACK

I would say the only part of NHA 2.0 you should work on with your irons would be the Yellow Brick Road. Please please ignore the vast majority of of NHA 2.0 unless you are hitting snap hooks. Some of the Carry may help you too, but try the Yellow Brick Road first.

Jwat

New
I would say the only part of NHA 2.0 you should work on with your irons would be the Yellow Brick Road. Please please ignore the vast majority of of NHA 2.0 unless you are hitting snap hooks. Some of the Carry may help you too, but try the Yellow Brick Road first.

I agree with this completely. Bad iron striking is normally contributed to an open clubface. Maybe even some NSA components?

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator

I agree with this completely. Bad iron striking is normally contributed to an open clubface. Maybe even some NSA components?

AGREED...you'd be surprised how much better people hit their irons (regardless of issue) after watching NSA.

Ben Doyle - Great Wall of China.

My pirated version I made for some pro am partners a couple years ago.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDFG5uf76BE[/media]

Ben Doyle - Great Wall of China.

My pirated version I made for some pro am partners a couple years ago.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDFG5uf76BE[/media]

Mr. Chuck,
That's a great video. It's amazing how simple the solutions can be sometimes.

Ralph

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone's input, Yellow Brick Road did it...fixed.

It's great that Brian has these concepts out there so that you can call on them as required.

Cheers all

Status
Not open for further replies.