Position of right index (trigger) finger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I tried a more pronounced trigger finger with my right index finger. Basically the finger formed a 90* angle with it's hooked position on the club. Tried to feel pressue throughout the swing on the meaty part of the finger and had one of my best ball striking days in awhile. My normal position was more underneath the shaft with this finger.

Did a little research and found some advocates that think this is important. Real deal or fleeting epiphany? My regular grip is slightly strong left hand with 2 1/2 knuckles (heel pad on top) showing and a more neutral right hand in fingers. IMO I never could sense the clubhead and had a two way miss. With this trigger finger feel on the shaft I felt like I had more control of my clubhead.

Real or imagined the feel is the meaty part of the index finger was in line with my leading edge of the clubhead. Better contact / control with a draw and for whatever reason my fairway woods flew on a higher trajectory.

My non-scentific opinion says that I never had a feel of where the clubhead was and with the new right index (trigger) finger position I now have a sense of where it is. Tommy Bolt was correct in saying (paraphrasing) "the problem with this game is that it takes a lifetime to learn how to play."

Status
Not open for further replies.