Power Leakages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian,

1. Can you list in the order that is most often seen of Power Leakages in the golf stroke? (A while back you listed a few in either a vid or audio clip, okay it has been a long time ago:confused: but I couldn't find it and it was as you indicated only part of list as I recall)

2. Have you been able to identify 'Lack of Power' where it is less the golf stroke and more the golfer's fitness (lack of Flexibitily, Strength, Balance, etc.), if so how or what is characteristics you note in determining this?

Thanks

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Thanks.

Great Question Marty.

Power Leaks:

1. Faulty Pivot - A pivot that does not use the movement OFF of the left foot and then ON the left foot and then FROM the ground to creat ROTATION SPEED and then PUT ON THE BRAKES. Mostly, this is becuase the golfer is NOT pivoting around their "virtual spine" enough. You burn a LOT OF ENERGY trying to "tilt your tea cup" after hovering over the ball of the downstroke.

2. Throwaway/Poor Impact Alignments - When golfers can't square the club up any other way, they will throw. They may square it up, but it won't go anywhere.

3. Circle Delivery Paths - The straighter line you can take your hands to the ball, the faster the club "switches ends." Not every stroke pattern can handle this, but you need as MUCH as you can handle, to hit it further.

4. Anti-Unitas Right Arm at the Top - At 45 years old, I can bench press about 100lbs., but I can still throw an Football nearly 50 yards. Studying the proper throwing mechanics of the great QB's when I was younger, I would up with a near flawless footabll throwing motion. Mike Finney, who can throw a football as far a I can, can throw a golf ball an obscene distance. One day, I'll have to post up both motions. Trust me, neither of us can generate this much force and speed from some funky-knuckle bent up right arm position. Make your right arm look more like Johnny U and less like Vince Young at the top.

5. Junk Grips - I see 'em everyday. Get 'em right and you'll get longer in 5 minutes

6. Swinging too far to the right - This creates a host of problems: Too little loft, poor spin rates, too much curve, need for less roll....etc. Plus, it makes it harder to get good "kinetic chain" numbers.

I could go on....

Brian,
great response to a great question, but do go on. i am anxious to learn as much from you as possible. thanks.
jim

Johnny Unitas vs Vince Young

JohnnyUnitas-ClassicPasser.jpg

87026_320X240.jpg

6768_512.jpg

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Heustics' question is the one I want to see the answer to.

It looks to me like Vince Young is more of a "push shoulder" position while Johnny U.'s shoulder is more rotated and ready to throw something.

Correct?

Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.