Practice by PGA Tour Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be their typical day?

1-2 hours working out?

1-2 hours hitting balls?

2-3 hours playing golf?

1-2 short game?

I suspect they hit at least 200-300 balls per day.

The couple that I know do not spend an average of 8 hrs a day, but it is relative to the state of their games.

I can't speak to the pga tour, but I got to see some LPGA players in Florida and here's what I was told and also witnessed. I'm the morning two hours of work on short game and putting. Grab lunch, work on full swing hour to two hours, then go play either 9 or 18.

Can't speak to the gym time, but I'd guess an hour a day in the gym.

I can't speak to the pga tour, but I got to see some LPGA players in Florida and here's what I was told and also witnessed. I'm the morning two hours of work on short game and putting. Grab lunch, work on full swing hour to two hours, then go play either 9 or 18.

Can't speak to the gym time, but I'd guess an hour a day in the gym.

Thanks. That confirms what I think they do on a consistent basis. It's a job (that I would love to try if I could go back 20 years with my current knowledge/electronic devices (Tman, K-Vest, AMM3d) and have my old body back.)

Thanks. That confirms what I think they do on a consistent basis. It's a job (that I would love to try if I could go back 20 years with my current knowledge/electronic devices (Tman, K-Vest, AMM3d) and have my old body back.)

Wouldn't we all.;) BUT, hate to be a a$$ here, the reality is if you need the technology you ain't good enough.

The pro I know plays about 8 to 12 hours a day.
Especially the driver. He said he will lose the swing speed if he doesn't try to swing as hard as he can every day.

I can lose 3-6 mph if I don't keep practicing.
Thinking about golf doesn't count even thought I want it to count.

Dig it out of the dirt with a bigger shovel than the next guy.

I never could have survived living out of a suit case and traveling every week as a tour player. Very lonely existence. Some guys love it, I hate it except in small doses.

I like the ring/lot God has given me. No regrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.