Problem with too much spin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit my driver very high and have 5000 or more spin rate,ball stops and gets no forward roll. I have a 12 degree head. I went to the golf store to find out how I can correct this. I seen a club that was 10.5 club head my same make , cobra. First I hit my club(12 deg.) and again very high spin rate with a 22 launch angle. I then hit the 10.5 and it went higher and had a 25 launch angle. I guess its in my swing.I aslo cant get a 3 wood high in the air 13 degree. From what I said what could be some of my problems.Why so high a spin rate, why cant I get the 3 wood in the air, why is my launch angle so high, I do hit it very straight. Is it my axsis tilt? If so whats a good drill?...joe

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Do you have marks on the top of your driver or are your misses in the bottom toward the heel? As for your 3wood's lack of airtime, do you squeeze divots after the ball or do you tend to drop kick them?

Doubled thanks for answering me. I hit the driver dead center. My 3 wood off the tee I cant get it in the air, its center hit off the ground probably drop kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.