Pull Hooks with Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a refresher question here. I'm hitting everything solid and all clubs are push draws and slight straight draws except driver. Driver is an unplayable pull hook. Generally speaking that is a path issue first? I'm using IATR as my pattern.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Just a refresher question here. I'm hitting everything solid and all clubs are push draws and slight straight draws except driver. Driver is an unplayable pull hook. Generally speaking that is a path issue first? I'm using IATR as my pattern.

100% path and 99% left shoulder up too soon.

Continuing to fight these pull hooks and I just can't believe it's that far off. There are literally no problems with any of the other clubs, no underplane issues to be found. No hooks, pushes, fat shots shanks etc. I'm shooting mid- high 70's with 2 OB drivers per round. I have tradionally been around a zero to 3 deg inside out player for several years now.

I love my pattern but a more leftward path with it has just been so hard to mesh. I'm going to go to Galaxy and get some numbers just to be sure.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Driver off a lower tee is a quick fix.

The long term fix is more carry, less hip slide, left shoulder down longer, more unwind late.

Status
Not open for further replies.