Pure Swing

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. For "gyro-scope crankers", the right arm passively pushes the inert left to release via the driving right shoulder. For "hand droppers", the right arm passively goes along for the ride. It's possible NOT to put radial forces on the handle with the right hand, in a two handed, left side pure Swinging stroke. Centrifugal Force straightens the right arm after separation.

quote:Originally posted by MizunoJoe

No. For "gyro-scope crankers", the right arm passively pushes the inert left to release via the driving right shoulder. For "hand droppers", the right arm passively goes along for the ride. It's possible NOT to put radial forces on the handle with the right hand, in a two handed, left side pure Swinging stroke. Centrifugal Force straightens the right arm after separation.

I can understand how the right arm can "passively go along for the ride" but how do you "passively push." Sounds contradictory.

quote:Originally posted by dclaryjr

I can understand how the right arm can "passively go along for the ride" but how do you "passively push." Sounds contradictory.

If only swung arms we would follow Jim Flick.
A Swingers stroke has a passive right arm. It still PUSHES forward WITHOUT prohibiting the small belt pulleys of the hands to produce centrifugal force and unleash its power.
A Swinger's stroke has a passive right arm. But not a passive RIGHT SIDE. Unleash the pivot and the power of the RIGHT SIDE. Put some backside into the stroke.
Don’t forget the pivot.

cdog

New
So, if i actively push on the #1 pressure point, NOT the shaft, then in fact i am helping the lead arm PULL the clubhead through impact, also adding structure to the power package.
Is this correct?

You push on #1 PP with the driving right shoulder, not by extending the right arm. The right arm is a bent rod connecting the right shoulder to #1 PP.

You push on #1 PP with the driving right shoulder, not by extending the right arm. The right arm is a bent rod connecting the right shoulder to #1 PP.

Hitting?
yes and no, The shoulder pushes a bent right arm whose sole pupose is to straighten. It's both a powerful right shoulder thrust and a right arm straighten to be like the left.

Swinging?
Same thing.

So what is different between the two strokes?

One succumbs to the force (centrifugal) and the other drives with muscle power. The body works the same.

DDL

New
quote:Originally posted by njmp2

Succumbing to centrifugal force. Is that the same as a straight line being interrupted by rotation, or pivot thrust as Hebron would call it? For hitting, the muscle drive isn't interrupted by anything, I presume. Not even body rotation? Seems odd that body rotation wouldn't contibut anything. Maybe that is the key to hitting.

cdog

New
Here is a great little drill that is helping me understand a pure swinging motion and being able to drive with the rear side.

I used a golf wiffle ball and a piece of string, using about 2' or so between the hands, have the string snug, get in posture and rotate back, keeping the string snug, simply do the downswing movement, release the string with the rear hand at about where the ball on the ground would be, if you swing, the ball whips through the hitting area, the string like a shaft is pulled perfectly straight, centrifugal force working perfectly.

bts

New
I swing a plastic bag (for carrying the grocery) at the handle with a tennis ball at the bottom and one or two nodes in between. Connect one or two more for a longer "shaft".

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by bts

I swing a plastic bag (for carrying the grocery) at the handle with a tennis ball at the bottom and one or two nodes in between. Connect one or two more for a longer "shaft".

Creative [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.