Purpose of glove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watch the golf channel and this guy said the reasons of putting on glove (lower hand) are:
- not for helping to grip the club
- only purpose is it will produce less pressure, so the lower hand can have a free wrist
- upper hand will have more pressure on the figers.

If this is correct, then for swinging:
- it will help the left wrist action since free wrist less pressure
- but contradict with the need of pressure for #2
- more pressure for right hand, #3?

Then should we not wear glove therefore creating more pressure on #2?

Mathew

Banned
In the truest sence of the word hackers - this is to prolong the time they take to get out the car and bringing their $£3,000 clubs out then they get their spanky new colgate white balls out and then put on the glove to prolong the time they might have to show them their train-wreck of a swing. Oh and also to show you that 'their equipped :D' - They don't know why they wear a glove - they just want to pretend to that they 'blend in' as they take their friends(assholes from the office) around a cracking hacking tight-walking 18 holes not letting someone alone from passing as they scrape and throwaway a beach and 11 strokes later throws the ball out the fairway and then smiles to his 'friends again' after another 10 mins talking about it....

i think people that get used to the glove feel they need it i started playing with a glove when i first started and it wore out real quick so i said forget that was ten years ago and havent played with a glove since plus you have to take it on and off freddie never used one neither did hogan so unless your a hand model or your wife(or life partner) doesn't like your hands to be rough i think its just a way for companies to sell a product

Come play golf in southern Louisiana in the summer and see if you don't need at least three gloves per round.

Not on the lower hand, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.