Putter setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious how you guys set up for putting? Are you 50/50 or a little more weight on your left foot? What is the purpose for more weight on the left?

I set up 50/50 weight on both feet I also use the logo of the ball to line up my putts.

I used to use a line but it messes me up. I'll line it up thinking it looks good but then when I set up I sometimes see it differently and then I'm not confident about my line.

hp12c

New
I used to use a line but it messes me up. I'll line it up thinking it looks good but then when I set up I sometimes see it differently and then I'm not confident about my line.
If u r right eye dominant, like me, the logo will look like its pointing left of the intented line, but when looked from behind the ball its looks good. Untill one steps on the left side of the ball,if right handed. I had to putt under the string to finally get rid of that. The string is straight no matter what my right eye was telling my brain, it took awhile but now its good. If u do the string drill make sure there isnt a break in the putt other wise it useless. I always putt uphill when I do the string drill. Its really good to see how bad my putter face is either open closed or square at impact. On a 3 ft putt ist not bad but as the putts get longer it makes a huge diffence.

When this occurs, who's right more often? The first instinct read from behind the ball or your 'eyes and feet' when you are standing over it.

dlam

New
Im not conscious of weight distribution in putting.
However I like to setup with ball off the heel of my front foot for a putting breaking away from my body and ball position off the toe of my front foot for a draw like putt.

When i chip and pitch I do consciously feel like my weight is preset on my front foot. , I think I do this so I dont turn back like in a full shot. I just either pivot toward my target or slide my weight into my foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.